ketosis..whose with us??

Options
Ive been on this eating plan for a couple weeks and have never felt better.. whose with me? (please if you dont agree, dont slander....)

Replies

• zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Keto, FTW !
  • NesianStyle
    Options
    Went into Ketosis a couple of times over the last 2 weeks, first time after 3 days on low carb I got the metal mouth and brain fog. Brain fog was kind of funny, very forgetful and absent minded but it only lasted the one day really....for me it worked though,dropped a bit of weight while low carbing but are trying something else now....
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Worked really well for me a few years ago, lost weight like there was no tomorrow.
    But now Imma go for a slow and steady approach. I also like potato a lot ._.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    is it just like the atkins diet then???xx
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ketosis is a great way to lose weight quite quickly and for a measured period of time..... I have started this morning, feel free to add me :)
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    OH MY GOSH, so many responses and I had no idea :) Im going to add some friends! I was foggy the first three to five days but I got it right after that... It was important to me not to "cheat" Im used to having cheat days and this time I couldnt. I actually enjoy it and really feel great!! Thanks for all the responses!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Worked really well for me a few years ago, lost weight like there was no tomorrow.

LOL. I understand. I am really giving this a try. Not sure how long is healthy to do it for... still researching.
  • charlottra
    charlottra Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to Ketosis, I really like the feeling and the increased energy. I'm not being really strict this time though, I'm trying to just do what feels right each day, but I will try to stay as low carb as possible. Ketosis made me realise how much white bread doesnt suit me, when Ive gone back to it I just blow up like a balloon.
  • treysmith1016
    Options
    It's so easy to maintain a deficit with keto. I don't get uncontrollable cravings when I cut carbs completely.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    It's so easy to maintain a deficit with keto. I don't get uncontrollable cravings when I cut carbs completely.

Very true. I am doing some research and it seems really hard to actually reach ketosis stages... and from the sounds of it, it only takes one lil slip up and it takes you right out of this stage. I need to really get my butt in the gym more and step my game up!
  • treysmith1016
    Options
    Very true. I am doing some research and it seems really hard to actually reach ketosis stages... and from the sounds of it, it only takes one lil slip up and it takes you right out of this stage. I need to really get my butt in the gym more and step my game up!

The thing is though if you're still eating in a deficit, you will still lose weight. Ketosis or not, the key to dieting is cals in vs cals out.

You can buy the ketostix at the store for super cheap and test whether or not you're in ketosis.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    True, I just want to do it in a healthy way and not in an unhealthy one I guess... if that makes sense...
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    if you eat 1200 calories and burn 500 at the gym a day (except one day off) you can lose up to 7 pounds in a week. I did that but I unfortunately just gained the pounds back the following two weeks. :\
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    hell yea ketosis.
    my pee stick is a nice pinky red colour ;D
  • caraiselite
    Options
    True, I just want to do it in a healthy way and not in an unhealthy one I guess... if that makes sense...

it's healthy. if it wasn't, i wouldn't be doing it!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Thats what I dont want to do, I dont want to gain back! Its too hard to lose, dont want to reverse that!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I lost about 135 of my lbs in 7 months while in a state of Ketosis, I was being monitored by doctors and a nutritionist though, I lost the rest of it by slowing reintroducing carbs and exercising my *kitten* off. The more you say no to the craving the easier it gets, be careful not to drink too much alcohol cause it can really mess with your liver. I am no longer diabetic or have high blood pressure because of ketosis.
  • caraiselite
    Options

LOL. I understand. I am really giving this a try. Not sure how long is healthy to do it for... still researching.

most people do it until they are close to goal weight, then add in healthy carbs (whole grains, sweet potatoes, beans etc)

some people do ketogenic diets for epilepsy, and it is a treatment for diabetes (among other ailments)
  • treysmith1016
    Options

I get 80% of my fat intake through almonds. It's boring, but they are healthy fat and a great source of protein/fiber. I use chicken to reach the rest of my protein intake. It's boring, but it works.

Yesterday I didn't have time to eat before work, so I chugged a protein shake after the gym and got ready and worked for 6 hours as a server on only a protein shake. I went to whataburger and got a triple whataburger and a double whataburger jr. I took it home, took off the buns, and added mayo and cheese. I couldn't believe that MFP had the nutrition facts for the burgers without the bun. It came out to like 150 grams of protein, 100 grams of protein, and 15 carbs (from the veggies). Is it good to do this everyday, no, but what other diet allows to indulge like that and still see incredible results?