About to throw my scales in the bin!

Options
2»

Replies

• laurensgettingfit
    laurensgettingfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time, the scales are in the laundry and its just procrastination/habit not obsession.
    I even weigh myself on other peoples scales when I am visiting their house just for the heck of it. Once I
    went to a girls night in at a friends place and as the night wore on, all 8 of us visiting admitted that we'd
    used her scales at one point that night (it was in her bathroom) hahahhaa....

But I have to recalibrate my scales (analogue) all the time as my two year old and three year old
    also love to jump on it. My daughter broke my safety glass WW ones when she was 2 and weighed
    only 10kg by standing on the tip of it and then jumping off and it smacked back down on the ground really
    hard and shattered EVERYWHERE in big chunks.
  • MrsRsonthecase
    Options
    Are they on carpet? I have digital scales which I really like but they have to be on a hard floor and a level floor. Id they're on carpet they don't read accurately. I know this is really obvious and might not help but just thought I'd mention it :)
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Are they on carpet? I have digital scales which I really like but they have to be on a hard floor and a level floor. Id they're on carpet they don't read accurately. I know this is really obvious and might not help but just thought I'd mention it :)

I have Tanita scales and I concur that you do not use electronic scales on carpet. My scales on a hard floor if the floor is not exactly flat gives a different reading, in the bathroom I can move the scales a couple of inches and it will give a different reading. So, I now have crosses on the floor to mark the exact spot.

I test the accuracy by holding callibrated weights in my hand, and the scale does detect these accurately. I am now happy with the scales performance and in line with Tanita Body composition scale instructions, I weigh myself in the evening one hour after my last meal and having consumed 1 litre of water - and I always do 10 lunges each leg and 20 slow squats before weighing (personal choice)
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are obsessed with weighing yourself. The most I would weigh myself when I lost all my weight was once a week. That's it. There's so many variables that occur on a daily basis that to weigh yourself daily (and by the sounds of things more than daily) is just setting yourself up for failure. Stop putting pressure on yourself. If you are eating properly and exercising adequately then it will take time to reach your goal weight. Good luck.

Thank you for missing the point of my post and judging me.

I am sorry if you feel that I have judged you. This was not my intention. When you mentioned that you weighed yourself twice a day, I just knew (from personal experience) that this doesnt prove anything by way of achieving your goals. Anyway, I wont go on for fear of further incriminating myself. Good day to you.
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a set of Tanita Inner scan scales. Like others have said they have to be used on a hard even floor. I place mine on 1 floor tile and they always have an accurate reading :)

I however am trying to stop myself from weighing too often... it does me no good and i end up worrying lots about it. I now weigh 1 - 2 times a week, however i did used to weigh myself 3+ times a day, which i thought was excessive.

If you can afford to get yourself a decent set then i would definitely to that. :)