Eating for Blood Type O Positive

Options

Replies

• MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    First of all those aren't reliable sources. Secondly, your blood type has to do with the antigens that are present. Your brother may want to review his biology. The + and - has to do the Rh factor.

The blood type diet has not been scientifically proven.

Eating a gluten free diet should only be done if you have celiac's disease.
  • intoscrapping
    intoscrapping Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First of all those aren't reliable sources. Secondly, your blood type has to do with the antigens that are present. Your brother may want to review his biology. The + and - has to do the Rh factor.

The blood type diet has not been scientifically proven.

Eating a gluten free diet should only be done if you have celiac's disease.

Thank you for the input! I will be looking into this more .....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm not aiming this comment at you personally so please don't take it as such.

Blood type dieting is a crock of BS and I would completely disregard it.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat according to their blood type? I am O Positive and have read that I should drink green tea instead of coffee. O Positivers are very acidic. But I will miss my coffee so! I have also read that I need to avoid dairy, carbs and gluten. Just wondering if anyone has any input on this ..... I have no health issues and take no medications.

It's quackery. Just because someone wrote a book on it doesn't mean it's real or proven to be effective.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    LOL. cool! -- I am O+ also, and those things do work for me.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat according to their blood type? I am O Positive and have read that I should drink green tea instead of coffee. O Positivers are very acidic. But I will miss my coffee so! I have also read that I need to avoid dairy, carbs and gluten. Just wondering if anyone has any input on this ..... I have no health issues and take no medications.

It's quackery. Just because someone wrote a book on it doesn't mean it's real or proven to be effective.

duck.jpg
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. I went to my holistic doctor two weeks ago and found out that I am anemic again. I am type O+ and the naturopathic doctor in the group pulled out a book about eating healthy for specific blood types. It was the first I had heard of it, but she said I needed to get more beef in my diet, at least 3 to 4 times a week. Now mind you, I'm not talking about grain-fed, shot full of hormones and antibiotics beef that you'd get at the grocery store. That is horrible for you. I'm talking about natural, grass-fed organic beef. I appreciate the links given previously. I'll have to delve into this one.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    BTW, forgot to mention . . . it's not so much about losing weight is it is just a healthy way of eating for each specific blood type. In other words, what foods are best for each type.
  • twinmama1987
    Options
    I say, why not?
    Everyones body chemistry is different, and blood type is a part of that. You just never know. I think its interesting.
    It isnt going to HURT you... if anything it will be something completely different for your body to deal with.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I may be looking at this wrong but....
    If you eat more vegetables, have less caffeine in your diet and eat 'better reared' meat then you will be healthier?.....:huh:

Surely that's the basis of a healthy lifestyle anyway? If it takes a book telling you its something to do with blood type to make you do those things then, I suppose at least your going to be eating better....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I say, why not?
    Everyones body chemistry is different, and blood type is a part of that.

Because blood type does not effect lipolysis.
    Because the majority of people here have tried and failed in the past and giving them yet another gimmicky method isn't going to help.

We do not lose fat differently. Our physiology may require that we use different macronutrient intakes, or different energy intakes, or in some cases limit foods due to intolerance. But the physiology of fat loss is remarkably similar for all of us:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • ekirk92
    ekirk92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There's no hard evidence that this diet is a sure fire method. But I can say that, for me being a type 0+, I have found that a lot of the foods they say for Non Secretors to avoid have been foods that have caused me severe pain in the past. So I do think there is some validity in this diet. At least for me. But even my family has noticed that as well.
  • jillystjohn
    Options
    Not that I buy into the concept entirely but I just learned this week that I'm O+ and over the years have struggled with gluten, dairy, and felt downright awful when I ate a vegetarian diet. I'm also an avid exerciser, I always knew I felt better doing it...who knows if there's any relation to my blood type. There's no way I'm giving up coffee though!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I too heard this on radio a while back, and I'm type O as well. I only drink green tea, no coffee, personal preference. Carbs, however are my downfall. Thanks for the post!
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Dr. OZ is a quack!! Please do more research!
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

duck.jpg

My 2 yr old loves this duck. Thank you for posting it :)
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this, do you have a source/link available? (Not doubting, just willing to increase my knowledge).

There's a book about it. Something called Eat According to your Blood type or something like that.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    THe only way ( o + here too) Green tea would help me loose weight is that I would vomit every time I drank it so I guess that would work. Green tea makes me so ill when I even smell it.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am O positive - drink 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day - and it has not hampered my weight-loss (or if it has it has not been significant, as I am quite happy with my weight loss...)

I also drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea a day - so maybe it helps to cancel out the coffee ;-)
    That is interesting .... :-) Well, I guess the coffee is not recommended because O Positivers have highly acidic stomachs. I know some of my friends get stomach aches from too much coffee. Not this girl so I don't think I can give it up entirely. But ... maybe I will start adding green tea like you have ....

I wonder if there are coffee tasting drinks that have no coffee .... just like there is non-alcoholic beer .... LOL

you could try teecino. it doesn't taste exactly like coffee, but it is similar. they even suggest you slowly wean yourself off coffee by mixing more and more teeccino with less and less coffee. http://teeccino.com/

best wishes! i'm a huge believer in eating the right foods for your body... (not necessarily based on blood-type or whatever else, but by careful observation of how you feel after eating certain foods.)
  • twinmama1987
    Options
    I say, why not?
    Everyones body chemistry is different, and blood type is a part of that.

Because blood type does not effect lipolysis.
    Because the majority of people here have tried and failed in the past and giving them yet another gimmicky method isn't going to help.

We do not lose fat differently. Our physiology may require that we use different macronutrient intakes, or different energy intakes, or in some cases limit foods due to intolerance. But the physiology of fat loss is remarkably similar for all of us:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

Thank you for the information. & not being rude. :)