Hey, Fat Girl.

Options
2»

Replies

• MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    great post.

i feel exactly like 'fat girl' whenever i'm at the gym, struggling through my 20minutes of 'walk a minute, jog a minute' next to someone who runs the whole time, and doesn't seem to be struggling anywhere near as hard as i am.

i really hope that real fit people, at least some of them, think like this.
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I loved that post! Thanks for sharing and ^^high 5^^ to everyone who challenges themselves daily!
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As the fat girl on the track and the one who plans on walking that track when the least amount of people are there, this made me tear up. Yesterday, I went the other direction on the track so I could go uphill. The fit people where saying hi to me. I hope their thoughts are positive. Because I did hide out in my house for the longest time!!

Thanks for this re-post, its motivating!
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm that fat girl who thinks everyone at the gym is looking at me funny. But I still go, 5 days a week and spend an hour there, not making eye contact, head phones blaring as I sweat on the outside and work out things in my head on the inside, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I just did a zumba class (first time dancing in public) and I knew that I was the worst in the room but gave myself a pat on the back for trying. I even got a compliment from someone because I "did so well." They were probably being nice but it made me feel good. Everyone that isnt good at something and is trying deserves that pat on the back for the effort. The only way to get good is to try.
  • Raylea00
    Raylea00 Posts: 37
    Options
    This is INCREDIBLE! I want to print it out and post it in every gym, every park, and even take to weight loss groups. What great motivation!!! Thanks for sharing! It absolutely made my day. :o)
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    This made me tear up a little. I know those feelings.
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That blog post made me cry..in a good way.

I am trying to build up the courage to move away from my treadmill and start running outside the house but I am dreading the looks and comments about running (slowly and red faced) That blog post gives me hope :)
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I loved that!
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! I love this!!!
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh my...this totally made me cry! I changed it up for me at Bikram yoga. I am embarrassed; I can barely look myself at myself in the mirror, can barely do the poses, have to lay down for some of the time, want to leave so badly that I have to physically hold myself down, want to cry because it's so hard and I feel like I'll never be able to grab my leg, and I'm so hot, that even my eyeballs are sweating.

But I'm there. I'm present. I'm in the moment. And someday, I won't have to lay down. Someday, I'll be able to grab my foot. Someday, I'll do every pose. Someday, I won't cry. Someday I'll catch my own eye and smile.
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That blog post made me cry..in a good way.

I am trying to build up the courage to move away from my treadmill and start running outside the house but I am dreading the looks and comments about running (slowly and red faced) That blog post gives me hope :)

Really? What kind of person does that? I'm out around other people running/walking all the time and I don't ever remember thinking anything other than positive thoughts about them - like we are on the same team. So even if there are a few scoffers (and, believe me, life has a way of catching up to them eventually!), there are many more runners that started just like you!