What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• bkvamp
    bkvamp Posts: 30
    Options
    Im reading "Son of a Witch".... Im half way done and am not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. I miss Elphaba :b
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Passage by Justin Cronin. Amazing!! So so good.

2nd book should be out this month!!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Scapegoats of the Empire by George Witton. I just re-started it. When I first started trying to read it, it was only available for a minimum of $120 and for free online at Project Gutenberg (which I LOVE!). Then I lost my free online copy, I kept trying to find it but still couldn't even at Project Gutenberg. Turns out it was at Project Gutenberg Australia the whole time. :bigsmile: Though now, it's also available for cheap on Amazon, so hooray for Amazon, too.
  • blazingbabe
    blazingbabe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One Deadly Sister by Rod Hoisington
  • LuciaCh
    LuciaCh Posts: 1
    Options
    The Art of Loving, it's a book by psychologist and social philosopher Erich Fromm. Really amazing.
  • enjoythesound
    enjoythesound Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Currently finishing "Under the Dome" by Stephen King, halfway through "Epic" by Conor Kostic and starting "Ubik" by Philip K.****!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Skippy Dies by Paul Murray, it's kind of a slow read
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, now I have 13 more books coming. YAY!
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tao te Zhing by Lao Tzu. Friend got me to reading it.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Germinal by Emile Zola for my book group.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Have I posted in this thread yet? I'm reading The Dresden Files, on book 3. It's ok so far, but I don't think I love it. I'm really picky about books, though! I just like having my kindle read to me every night until I fall asleep.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a couple of serious books on the music business (Music Law by Nolo and the music business one by Donald Passman) since I am creating a music publishing company, and a lot of older Regency romances, sci fi/fantasy books from the 80s, mild stuff like that--I read a ton of financial and motivational blogs, and psychology books by Seligman and others--and I work five days a week too, so I get tired and read in bed!!!!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "Wire" by Jeffrey Deaver. "Sleep No More" by Greg Iles "Sisters and Wives" by Natalie R. Collins

I always have to have a book nearby. Every chance I get, I pick one up and read as long as I can.
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The Time Machine. I am loving it!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Golden Compass because I never have! Being a fantasy buff I feel like I must!
  • Ryasama
    Ryasama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on the Hunger Games trilogy, I'm a few chapters into the second book.

The Golden Compass is a good book, a little surreal at times though.
  • Zurako
    Zurako Posts: 7
    Options
    Right now I'm reading, Haruki Murakami's "South of the Border, West of the Sun"
    It's quite good developing.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just finished 'King Lear'. Picking up 'The Yips' by Nicola Barker. Loved 'Darkmans'.
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three

Reader's Digest Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Tradition Skills
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Right now I have just started Phoenix Rising, a Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences novel (#1) by Philippa Ballantine and Tee Morris. My first steampunk, and so far I am loving it!