What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    finishing up 'space cadet' by robert heinlein. next on my list are the harry potter and huger games series.
  • syngerma
    syngerma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read on the treadmill, 5 days a week [well, when the Olympics are not playing, anyway]. I'm currently reading "Flashback" which is an Anna Pigeon, Nevada Barr authored novel that takes place in Dry Tortugas National Park, 68 miles from Key West, FL.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 2nd Millenium book - The Girl who played with Fire. I've read 2 pages (lol) of The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. My husband bought me the Swedish DVD set and I need to finish it by Saturday so we can do the movie marathon with another friend.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    100 Days of Weight Loss-(one of those self help books), Also a Nora Roberts novel and want to start 50 Shades of Grey soon
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Don Quixote - Cervantes

Always meant to read it and have finally got around to it. It's absolutely hilarious, although I am at a rather slow paced section at the moment. Enjoying it.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

That was a great book. Slow takeoff but thrilling end. Currently reading Feed by Mira Grant. Not fab but not dire.

Huge Brandon Sanderson fan here! Can't wait for the next one. The Way of Kings was really unique in the fantasy genre.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Frankenstein (had a craving for something classic)
    And also just bout finished "cats cradle"
  • serhioramos
    serhioramos Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Road to Valor: A True Story of WWII Italy, the Nazis, and the Cyclist Who Inspired a Nation by Aili and Andres McConnon.

Road to Valor is the inspiring, against-the-odds story of Gino Bartali, the cyclist who made the greatest comeback in Tour de France history and secretly aided the Italian resistance during World War II.
    Hm.. Might have to look at this one myself. I love all things WWII.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Winter Prey by John Sanford.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Winter Prey by John Sanford.

How many of those books has he written now? I think I only read the first couple.
  • LeesieLuLu88
    LeesieLuLu88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anybody else love The Iron Fey series?!
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I needed something light and funny.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Have I posted in this thread yet? I'm reading The Dresden Files, on book 3. It's ok so far, but I don't think I love it. I'm really picky about books, though! I just like having my kindle read to me every night until I fall asleep.

I LOVE the Dresden Files! Harry is fabulous. The last one...Ghost Story....I read it, cried for an hour, and then immediately read it again.
  • Luxastra
    Luxastra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Dresden Files! Harry is fabulous. The last one...Ghost Story....I read it, cried for an hour, and then immediately read it again.

Dresden Files is awesome =D Still have yet to get to Ghost story, but soon I hope.

Reading T.H. Whites The Once and Future King right now... it's an older style but a great read!
  • Paty2290
    Options
    Fifty Shades of Grey ::))
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    rereading American Gods by Neil Gaiman because it is one of my very favorite books :)
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Forbidden Soul by Natasha Duncan-Drake
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    CHarlotte's Web...to my kids.....:)
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Naked Lunch by WIlliam Burroughs.... it hurts me
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. For the fourth time. :) Love that book!