Raspberry Ketone. Only If You Tried it!

Options
jjl0412
jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
What is your experience with Raspberry Ketone? What dose, how much daily? Reaction? Results? Ideas, suggestions?

I purchased the L-carnitine, 500mg and raspberry ketone, 100 mg. from GNC. Since empty stomach is suggested, I will take 1 in a.m. before exercising, and 1 mid afternoon. I need to see if they effect me in any way. I also started taking 1 tablespoon of chia seeds twice daily. I am hoping for some results and appitite control to help me in my daily process learning to eat healthy.

I have lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months, and have 95 to go. Lately tho, I have been stuck for 4 to 5 weeks loosing only a pound or 2. So I am really hoping to see some progress.

As for all the Nay-Sayers I keep seeing in various posts I have researched, I don't give a rip for those who have not tried it, but spout negative reterick and waste posts trying to discourage someone for wanting to improve themselves. I am not speaking of those who have tried the suppliments and share thier own experience, be it negative or positive. There is no majic cure pill. Exercise and eating reponsibly is the key. I am interested in those who have a geniuine interest in success. And I am interested in whatever helps achieve it.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my sister tried them. she didn't notice anything (and yes, she eats well and exercises)

i laughed at her, and said shes not a rodent, of course they won't do anything.
    she admitted it was stupid and is sad that other people will waste money.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    As for all the Nay-Sayers I keep seeing in various posts I have researched, I don't give a rip for those who have not tried it, but spout negative reterick and waste posts trying to discourage someone for wanting to improve themselves...............I am interested in those who have a geniuine interest in success.

So let me guess, you would only believe a junkie if you were thinking of trying crack?
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    As for all the Nay-Sayers I keep seeing in various posts I have researched, I don't give a rip for those who have not tried it, but spout negative reterick and waste posts trying to discourage someone for wanting to improve themselves...............I am interested in those who have a geniuine interest in success.

So let me guess, you would only believe a junkie if you were thinking of trying crack?

No he would only believe someone who has tried crack if he was thinking of trying crack. :/
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I tried them because the site I get my other vitamins from had them on sale. All I did was burp raspberries all morning
  • jjl0412
    Options

Congratulations! Your getting closer to 3K posts! Yeah!
  • jjl0412
    Options
    I tried them because the site I get my other vitamins from had them on sale. All I did was burp raspberries all morning

LOL! ;0)x
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    rhetoric*
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    only effect they had on me was raspberry smelling burps lol
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mass marketing sold me.... Now I feel like a pathetic person who buys everything they see in infomercials.

Oh, and I still take them... not because they actually do anything for me but because I spent too much money on them.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I had no luck with them either. Didn't make any difference. I take Green Coffee Bean extract though - I've noticed some curbing of hunger but mostly a lot of energy without the caffeine shakes. I can't stand Dr. Oz, trust me, but he recommended them and I overheard some ladies at work who were taking them so I thought I would try. You can find them on Amazon.com but you have to be careful you're getting all natural ones - some are filled with fillers. I buy Nutribrand (90 capsules/$20) and am happy with them.
  • jjl0412
    Options
    rhetoric*

Yea That!! Thanks!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If I were to try these raspberry ketones, I wouldn't be able to share how they helped because I wouldn't be able to tell if my weight loss was from them or that regular exercise and a well balanced diet recommended to go with them.
  • jjl0412
    Options
    I had no luck with them either. Didn't make any difference. I take Green Coffee Bean extract though - I've noticed some curbing of hunger but mostly a lot of energy without the caffeine shakes. I can't stand Dr. Oz, trust me, but he recommended them and I overheard some ladies at work who were taking them so I thought I would try. You can find them on Amazon.com but you have to be careful you're getting all natural ones - some are filled with fillers. I buy Nutribrand (90 capsules/$20) and am happy with them.

Researching them. But I hope the L-carnitine will do somethng if the raspberry does not....
  • jjl0412
    Options
    If I were to try these raspberry ketones, I wouldn't be able to share how they helped because I wouldn't be able to tell if my weight loss was from them or that regular exercise and a well balanced diet recommended to go with them.

Well, Started several months ago exercising and counting calories, eating healthier. I lost 26 pounds in 3 months. The fact I have only lost 2 or 3 pounds in the past 4-5 weeks is really depressing. I was hoping the addition of a possible 'healthy' suppliment would be benificial. I started the chia seeds this week and L-carnitine/raspberry ketones today. I 'm not looking for a miracle, just hopefully something that aids my metabolism. I'm 62, I have a lot to lose. Hence, this seeking.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

Well, Started several months ago exercising and counting calories, eating healthier. I lost 26 pounds in 3 months. The fact I have only lost 2 or 3 pounds in the past 4-5 weeks is really depressing. I was hoping the addition of a possible 'healthy' suppliment would be benificial. I started the chia seeds this week and L-carnitine/raspberry ketones today. I 'm not looking for a miracle, just hopefully something that aids my metabolism. I'm 62, I have a lot to lose. Hence, this seeking.

I've plateaued myself, and I know how frustrating it can be. I've also looked for ways to change things up to start losing more rapidly again. I don't have the money to experiment on my own, but I do have the knowledge as a nutrition science major to read the scientific literature on these products. I'll stop posting because I know you weren't looking to hear from anyone but mfp members that have actually tried these, but if you want me to break down the studies for you (after all, the participants were real people with real results), send me a message and I would be happy to do so :)
  • jjl0412
    Options

I've plateaued myself, and I know how frustrating it can be. I've also looked for ways to change things up to start losing more rapidly again. I don't have the money to experiment on my own, but I do have the knowledge as a nutrition science major to read the scientific literature on these products. I'll stop posting because I know you weren't looking to hear from anyone but mfp members that have actually tried these, but if you want me to break down the studies for you (after all, the participants were real people with real results), send me a message and I would be happy to do so :)

That would be very kind, thank you.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    418873_10150953349622257_1502134879_n.jpg
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the other stuff but Chia is an amazing thing!!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Works on rats not on humans... read the paper if you like.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015626470803881
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Guys she only wants to hear from people who have taken it. You naysayers can just say nay.

OP: Since you're not getting any helpful answers and since I love to help people, I dug up this graph that should summarize the following:

1) Efficacy of Raspberry Keytones on both rats and humans.
    2) Efficacy of 7-Keto and other Dr. Oz based supplements.
    3) General reliability of Dr. Oz.

Please see attached research:

23tpd3c.png