"Me Time" - What's your thing!

Options

Replies

• sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Reading, or watching a movie, or getting my nails done.... all my favs!
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    lame as it sounds, youtube for videos of different types of things I can try at the gym or music for the gym, basically, I have no social life to speak of lol
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Reading...and just breathing, all...by...myself...
  • brunette_gurl_66
    brunette_gurl_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Relaxing @ B&N
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Relaxing in bed with my dogs and reading my Kindle.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Writing music, playing guitar, going to the movies alone, street photography, or an afternoon nap.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Reading, shopping
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Planning for the zombie apocalypse.

But really..taking a nap. A few extra mins of some Zzzz.... does a world of good for this gal!
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My workout time is my only regular me time. I get up and take the time or I wont get it later.
  • MrsKoolaid15
    MrsKoolaid15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i maybe the only one here that still will relax by playing video games (although i now do push ups every time we beat a boss, probally would do more if i did them ever time we died though lol) but thats what i do for my me time between doing hte house work, caring for my son, working, and spending time with my wife :)

I am soooo going to suggest that to my hubby. Maybe make a game out of it. Play some mortal kombat and whoever dies has to do squats or something!! That is great!! Thank you!!

My me time is soaking in a bubble bath with a good book. That's how I relax when the kids are still running around like nuts. But I do get a little me time every night since I'm an insomniac. I love to watch the late night storms we have been getting lately. Or just cruise Facebook and MFP. My phone gets a huge workout at night. Lol. If I am having real trouble sleeping I turn on my Stormaker app and listen to fake thunderstorms. It works wonders.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My me time is usually exercising. It's the only time of day when i can be in a room full of people at the gym but still feel like i'm in my own little space. I also love watching box sets and doing my nails on a Sunday afternoon - usually the only time i have during the day free. :)
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely either going on the treadmill and zoning out to my music while my son is occupied, or getting a pedicure..... Put's me in my own little world <3
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    My time is adding some scented bath oil and filling the bathtub, lighting a candle, putting on some nice music, climbing in, & relaxing some time away while enjoying a glass of wine.....I feel incredible afterwards....that's my time
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    running and painting
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My me time is my gym time. Otherwise I'm with the kids.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Running, floating in the pool, getting a pedi......
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    putting letters in bottles and throwing them into the ocean
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    clothes shopping BY MYSELF or taking a hot bubble bath
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Reading with a nice cup of tea if I'm at home but a massage is always good too!
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    With a son who plays football and soccer, a daughter who does cheer and dance, and my youngest daughter who is also doing cheer, I can only dream of "me time". But when I do actually get it (it is usually late at night) I either play video games or watch a movie.