Where are my fellow boozers at?! :D

Options
I know, I know...alcohol is bad, you should eliminate it to lose weight, blah blah. But I loves my wine! And occasional beer and spirits too. Just wondering if there are others who love alcohol and how you incorporate it into your weight loss goals. Friend me!

I am trying to keep drinking to the weekend. We'll see. I love a glass or two of wine at the end of the day...or more! So, I have been losing, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to keep the drinking for the weekends. Oh, and I don't drink every day but at least 2 times during the week at times. I have started measuring out my servings too.

Cheers!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I still have my weekly 200ish calorie margarita, I just make sure I have enough calories or I exercise for it lol
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well the way I see it is next time I go out it should be a pub crawl. If I have one pint then walk to the next pub I can offset the calories in the beer. :laugh:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big beer drinker at all, but i do like my occasional glass (or two) of dry red wine.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I know, I know...alcohol is bad, you should eliminate it to lose weight, blah blah. But I loves my wine! And occasional beer and spirits too. Just wondering if there are others who love alcohol and how you incorporate it into your weight loss goals. Friend me!

I am trying to keep drinking to the weekend. We'll see. I love a glass or two of wine at the end of the day...or more! So, I have been losing, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to keep the drinking for the weekends. Oh, and I don't drink every day but at least 2 times during the week at times. I have started measuring out my servings too.

Cheers!

Psst. Over here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6745-wine-lovers
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well the way I see it is next time I go out it should be a pub crawl. If I have one pint then walk to the next pub I can offset the calories in the beer. :laugh:

I like your way of thinking!! :)
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Alcohol is not just about the calories, alcohol has major impact on how food is processed by the stomach, intestinal tract and liver. Sure count the calories, but that is not the cost.

I drink but much less than I used to and only on Saturday. I eat very little on a Saturday and not when I drink.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Cheers!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Psst. Over here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6745-wine-lovers
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just make ure it fits into my days calorie allotment. I love my wine and margaritas!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it to once a week :drinker:

the only bad part is if I end up with a hangover, greasy food is what cures it!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    three shots this morning/last night, shots are so much lower calorie j/s lol. I only drink like every third week or so, n measure n log it.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    i Am 21 so i love to drink! Lol i love wine, vodka and Anything you can think of!
    I Am also wondering about this!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big beer drinker at all, but i do like my occasional glass (or two) of dry red wine.

Same here. Only now I'm on a moscato kick... and that doesn't qualify as dry. :)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend and stay within my goals every weekend, I love beer wine and spirits also (although I tend to stick more to spirits as they are the lowest cals per drink)

add me if you want my diary is open to friends :)
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with moderation.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me :drinker:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

Same here. Only now I'm on a moscato kick... and that doesn't qualify as dry. :)

I've heard about Moscato, but it's not my thing. The drier the better!
  • calhooner
    Options
    Just gotta count it. My wife an I limit drinking only to stay within our normal calorie limits. Keeps us working out for sure. You'll find a wide range of calorie assignments in the database so choose wisely. When I see a wide range - like you'll find on mixed drinks - I pick one in the middle. It's worked as my wife has lost even more than me and she certainly has wine daily.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oooooh Moscato!! You are a friend of mine!!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it to once a week :drinker:

the only bad part is if I end up with a hangover, greasy food is what cures it!

drink water before u pass out- hangover = dehydration. I haven't had a hangover in years (a few months ago I got fall down drunk n got kicked outta the club we were at, I sipped a bottle of water the drive home(my s.o. was driving not me) n no hangover!) not saying I felt 100% just no pain/throwing up etc. give it a try