Where are my fellow boozers at?! :D

Options

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Yum.
    Belle Serra moscato!

I drink at least once a week with friends...it's pretty serious. I'm trying to incorporate the rest of the week to fit those calories in!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I love my beer and vodka and didn't cut it out when I was losing weight. What I have found is after drinking all the water I do each day I no longer get hangovers, amazing...wish I'd known this decades ago lol!!!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I used to drink every day, the beer fridge (free beer!) at work put 15 lbs on me during my first year on the job. I'm actually really happy that working out all the time naturally made me lose interest in drinking (no judgement to people who do drink, just for me I'd rather spend those calories I earned on tasty food).

People more capable of moderation than I am seem to do it by using some of their exercise calories to account for the booze (rather than cutting into their nutritional caloric needs).

But, that said it's a long weekend in Canada and I'm making berry/rum smoothies shortly. Just have to fight the urge to throw some whey in there!
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 5 nights a week... which may be its own problem, but whatever!

I measure my drinks, I pour my wine into a measure before I pour it into a glass. I measure my "shots" of tequila before I pour them into my "Lite Margarita" (made with Crystal light!). I am careful. I try to fit it into my calories for the day (or week! --If I go way over on the weekends, I try to exercise more and eat less during the weekdays to make my whole-week numbers better!).

It is doable- but you can't be a "BINGER" when you drink. I used to have to stop drinking at all, when I was counting cals, because if I had a single glass of wine, it would trigger a huge food binge when my inhibitions were turned down -- like I'd eat fries or chips or salty treats without even thinking. So now I keep a healthy snack around if I have a drink, and I definitely only drink after I have already eaten my meal, so I am not so "BINGE-Y".
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't drink nearly as much. It's not worth it to me. But I usually have a little on the weekends and special occasions. NOTHING during the week anymore.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Moscato...
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    MMmmmmm!!! I MUST try this!
    Oooooh Moscato!! You are a friend of mine!!

Have you tried the Roscato they have at Olive Garden, same as Moscato, but it is with red wine
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I drink wine often... 10 oz of it tonight in fact, hah. Wine is good for digestion. If you pick a low cal. wine like Chardonnay and fit it into your cals, don't worry about it.
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    I am currently enjoying a small glass (alright, not THAT small) ove my new favorite white. Yellow Tail tree free chardonay.
    I keep it down to 2 glasses per day and I work it into my daily allotment. Life is for living! Enjoy!

Debbie

Agreed! I have my favorite wine glass that is huge. It was a total buzz kill when I actually started measuring out my wine...LOL

Same here! I still have the giant decorated wine glass I got as a gift for my 21st birthday and I love to pull it out from time to time to treat wine like a big gulp soda lol

Wine is one of my favorite luxuries in the world I would never give it up completely. I have gone 4 days without it since I am on a ton of pain killers after getting my wisdom teeth removed but it will be the first thing I reach for once I'm off the meds and all healed.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I will never give up booze. I just try my best to allow for it. On days when I know I'll be drinking I make sure I work out a lot and that I leave plenty of calories for the evening. Luckily I'm not a fan of sweet drinks - my drink of choice is a Gin & Slimline tonic )around 50cals) I like beer too, but rarely like to get drunk on it - just the odd bottle here and there in the afternoons at the weekend when it's sunny. Usually on days when I drink a lot I end up dancing a lot too - so it sort of balances out.

Feel free to friend me :) x
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have to say I'm a drinker and I just passed a birthday yesterday without any. However this is the first time I've been this serious about losing weight so im givin it up for the month, along w pizza and ice cream. If I can drop 15lbs I'll be joining ya all back at the club ;)

Cheers
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    three shots this morning/last night, shots are so much lower calorie j/s lol. I only drink like every third week or so, n measure n log it.

This is me too lol
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Those of you who like Moscato might like Ruinite Lambrusco (a sweeter red). I also like the Roscato Rosso Dolce, but I can't find it in stores. :ohwell:
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oooooh Moscato!! You are a friend of mine!!

Have you tried the Roscato they have at Olive Garden, same as Moscato, but it is with red wine

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cheers!

I love love love hard cider! Boy do I love it. I gave it up because it's loaded in sugar and my habit was I would crack one open when I got home from work, then I'd have another one with supper. Not a good habit. So I don't buy it anymore.

For me, at this point, giving something up completely is easier than having it in moderation.

So...I went and bought a bottle of red wine...LOL...(I didn't say I gave up alcohol totally) :drinker:

I think I'll add club soda or maybe Siera Mist to it to make it sparkling.
    I also think I'll limit it to the weekends, since I'm already off the habit of having a drink after work (I'm learning to actually deal with what's stressing me out - imagine that?)

you should try Strongbow beer if you've never had it. So delicious!! The pub up the street from me has it on tap...
  • Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    Options
    Usually what I do when I'm drinking at my house or a friends house is have a shot of vodka or rum with some sugar free lemon or lime squash and some fizzy or regualr water. Its around 60-70 calories and really delicious. I'd probably have 3-4 of these.

When I'm out in a bar or a club though it all goes downhill!

I try not to buy drinks because they're so expensive. If I do though, and I over-do it, I tend not to be hungry for breakfast the next day so it probably balances out.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I try to only drink on weekends. but I don't mind going over calories if it's for a good margarita Yummy!!
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Everyone has her vice and this is definitely mine. Some people splurge on fast food or fried food or decadent desserts. No thanks--I'm good. But do go ahead and pass that bottle of wine right on over here. As others have suggested, moderation is key--if it fits into your calories and it's not excessive, it probably won't affect your weight loss or fitness level. I've been working at home for the past few months where I'm not on a set schedule so I've been indulging a lot--but still working out on a regular basis.That will change in just a few weeks when I have to go back to work. Then I'll go back to my normal routine of drinking only on the weekends.
  • symmetry11
    Options
    At this point, if I am going to drink it is planned ahead of time. I try to make sure that I can get an extra work out in to make of for the calories. Which means I am not drinking much these days.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Update: I just had some Lambrusco .... pretty yummy!!

One and done though. It has done the job! :drinker: