30 Day Shred Calories Burned

Options
I found this link on Livestrong.com about how many calories the 30 Day Shred burns in 20 minutes:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/322448-how-many-calories-does-30-day-shred-burn/

Basically, it says if you're 150lbs, you burn 167 in 20 mins. So, adjust for your weight and just enter it into your exercise manually until MFP adds it.

Good luck and feel free to add me! I'm on Day 4 of Level 1.

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    ha, I love replying to my own post. I figured out that this means you burn 1.11 calories for every pound you weigh. So, just multiply your weight times 1.11 and that's how many cals you burn during 30 Day Shred.
  • kaymarie35
    kaymarie35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Vevvie, Thanks for this :) ive looked at 30 day shred but wasnt sure if i might be a bit too 'unfit' to start it as all the reviews say how intense it is. How are you finding it?
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 4 of 30 day fit. It isn't really that awful. The first day you swear at Jillian the whole time but after the 2nd day was done I find it fun. I don't feel its intense and I am really out of shape also with zero flexibility!!! Good Luck!!!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Kaymarie - It's hard, but it's such a great total-body workout! I've been doing it every other day instead of every day because that's the only way my husband can do it with me. That's the only exercise I've been doing besides some walking and I lost 5 inches in one week.

It's tough, but anyone can do tough for a mere 20 minutes. I burn 296 cals during this time and so it's really worth it to me.

You can do it at your own pace like me or even every 2nd day...you'll see the same results, just a bit slower. Feel free to add me if you want support and motivation!

Good luck.

PS - I forgot to mention that it's very easy to modify the exercises to your own level. You can do low impact instead of high during the cardio and if the weights get to be too much, set them down for a few reps and do the lifting without a weight.
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    I'm going to attempt at starting this evening. Everyone, feel free to add me. I'd love to see everyone's progress throughout this!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find this to be an underestimation...in my case, at least. I use a HRM while doing 30DS, and I burn between 185 and 200 calories every session. I'm 5'1'' and 128.6 lbs.
  • scrymsmary
    scrymsmary Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am revisiting this DVD after a year... it is just as tough as I remember it! lol.
    Started D1L1 yesterday. I wore my HRM and it said I burned 172 cals. I am 5'3" and 143 lbs.
  • SUSIE2662
    Options
    I have completed Day 2 & my thighs are really feeling it!
    I exercise 3-4 times a week areobically and still thought the DVD Level 1 quite hard! I will keep at it even if the cal burn isnt as great as I was hoping it was :laugh:
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just did Level 1, and my HRM shows that I burned 262 calories. I used 5lb weights, except for 1 exercise I used 3lb. I am 5'11" 142lb.
  • NayaBear
    NayaBear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1... It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be! and trust me, I'm not a fit person! TOMORROW I'll do twice the speed and twice the effort!
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I burned 262 calories on day 1 of level 1 according to my HRM. I'm 5' 3" and 190 lbs, and used 1.5 lb hand weights. In case that helps anyone!
  • Heathingtons1
    Heathingtons1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wearing my hr monitor I burn between 280 and 355 depending on my intensity. I just started to monitor my heart rate and Im on D5L3 so that my have something to do with it.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I've been doing the JM Fastfit Kickbox workout fairly regularly without difficulty and just did the 30 day shred for the first time in a long time and am about to die! O_o The fact I have a cold may have something to do with it maybe? Excuses, excuses.... Time to mix up my workouts so I'll stick with this one for a while! Thanks for the calorie burn info. Feel free to add me! I'm done with school so should be able to "actively" participate again! :)
  • bee2678
    bee2678 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just started 30 Day Shred again and I have day one down!! I curse Jillian the entire time but it's well worth it. I did 30 Day Shred religiously back in 2009 for 6 months and I saw more results with that 20 minute workout than I have ever seen with any exercise DVD that I have tried.
  • JackielynNG
    Options
    does that apply to all levels/days?:smile:
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would imagain the harder the level the more cals you burn. And it seems the 1.1 cals for every lb you are is on the low side, but hey better under than over! And perhaps that equation would differ for someone who weighs more. Anyway its the best answer I've heard for ppl without HRMs
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and about 140 pounds. My HRM gives me 233 calories for level one, using 4 pound weights. I completed day 4 this morning. I find the strength moves to be challenging, but not impossible. The ab work is very easy for this sort of thing. The cardio, however, showed me just how out of shape I am! Whew! Oh, well - stronger every day!
  • wykyd
    wykyd Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Edit: Posted on wrong thread. But thanks for the input on calories here!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burned 247 calories doing 30DS today, but going by this formula I should have burned 375.18 calories. I guess that just proves I didn't work as hard as I should have. I'll try harder tomorrow and see what it comes out to. Thanks for this!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right.