30 Day Shred Calories Burned

Options

Replies

• LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    is it me or am I missing something - I have been doing 30 day Shred using my HRM an it takes 27 minutes total for the level 1 routine. Why is everyone else saying 20 minutes?? :grumble:
  • tqoura
    tqoura Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's 3 x 6 minute 'circuits' so should only take you 20 mins to complete. Unless, like me, you go in for round 2 and do it again straight afterwards, in which case you're in for about 45 minutes of pure pain.

I add 5 seconds between each interval as 'transition time'.

If it's taking you 27 minutes, are you doing a fourth circuit?!
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    is it me or am I missing something - I have been doing 30 day Shred using my HRM an it takes 27 minutes total for the level 1 routine. Why is everyone else saying 20 minutes?? :grumble:

it is so true it's 27 min ! it 27 min including warming ups and strething !
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Nope, it's true. The first minute is introductions followed by 3 minutes of warm-up and there's a 3 minute cool-down period and some talking after so the whole level 1 runs about 28 minutes.
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    I think she's talking about a different dvd here, but:

Q: How many calories are we burning during the online workouts and your front, back, and kickboxing DVDs?
    JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.
    For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute.

Also, I read somewhere that weight training can skew hrm numbers. Its an interesting article and may change people's minds about using their hrm when doing any lifting.
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_experts.asp?q=75
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    SO true! 27 mins for sure!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! The only way to know what you're accurately burning while you work out is with either a fit bit, HRM or another type of body device. Everyone is different and exercises at a different intensity. The company that makes the DVD's averages total to get their figure, but that's not actually what you are burning.I would recommend getting a device to measure calories burned and use MFP to log your intake. The Polar FT 4 HRM is great and pretty reasonable. Good luck,
    LisaM
  • BobbiSmith1981
    Options
    All I know, is I'm on Day2! Of level 1 and my calfs are KILLING ME... I was so disappointed because I've been going to the gym and have been pushing myself to my limit, only to not be sore the next day ((& We all know, soreness is a good thing when working out)) .. So I added the 30day shred and WOW IM CERTAINLY FEELING IT!!! :-)
  • gemenidawn
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred 3 days ago and have been looking everywhere to see how many calories it burns. Your equation of 1.11 calories per pound really helps. Thanks!
  • gemenidawn
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred 3 days ago and have been looking everywhere to see how many calories it burns. Your equation of 1.11 calories per pound really helps. Thanks!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    using my HRM i burned more than that in 20 minutes .. about 280
  • Mamafood
    Mamafood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Roxy_is_Running
    Options
    Thank you! This was so helpful! :D
  • Roxy_is_Running
    Options
    Thank you! This was so helpful! :D Started Day 1 today!
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started this (30DS) a couple of days ago...first day I felt great afterwards...second day my knees were killing me!!! Not sure what happened...maybe I did the lunges wrong or something? Has anyone else injured themselves with this?
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with Jillian Michaels for Beginners and then moving to 30DS. I'm a little scared I'm not strong enough.

Thanks for figuring this out. I think I'm still gonna buy a HRM.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I started this (30DS) a couple of days ago...first day I felt great afterwards...second day my knees were killing me!!! Not sure what happened...maybe I did the lunges wrong or something? Has anyone else injured themselves with this?

I have had a few injuries on my left knee and have to be careful on the lunges. Watch those and your squats. It took me a little while to get the technique down right but watch how Jillian does the squats and make sure you're not overworking your knees.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I have had a few injuries on my left knee and have to be careful on the lunges. Watch those and your squats. It took me a little while to get the technique down right but watch how Jillian does the squats and make sure you're not overworking your knees.

Thank you for the tips!! I may just slow down a bit on those or use smaller weights - currently using 5lb weights in those workouts - I couldn't tell what weights she was using...
  • rhubarb_cakes
    rhubarb_cakes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day one if level one. It was tough but over before I knew it. I'm off to Australia in 25 days so not going to get through it all this time around. I plan on staring over when I return. Feel free to add me!