Online dating WTF? messages

Options
I've got an online dating profile which I haven't used for a while (should update it really) but last night I got an email saying I had a message from someone.

This was the message:

"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my skype so cam sex maybe?"

I was just like "wtf?" :noway: . There is nothing on my profile that would even *hint* at me being open to the idea of skype cam sex with random strangers from other countries.

I just sent back "That's pathetic".

Anyone had any messages like that on online dating where you're just left thinking "what made you think that would actually work?" :laugh:

Replies

• TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You must have great conversational skills and one hell of a profile pic....lol...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my profile specifically states not to message me with just 'hi' yet people still do it. i get around 10 messages a day, and at least half are hey or hi. so annoying.

the other half are asking about sex or meeting me, and my profile states i will NOT meet them and only want friends.

people do not read profiles.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    They send that message to dozens of people hoping one will say yes. It's got nothing to do with what's on your profile.
  • Aequitas503
    Options
    They send that message to dozens of people hoping one will say yes. It's got nothing to do with what's on your profile.

Yes, I realised that, but it was still a "Wtf?" Maybe I'm just weird to think that their suggestion would have more success after one or two less suggestive messages and work up to the 'lets get our jollies on on skype'
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    LOL. If a guy can't say more than "hi" then he isn't really interested. Or I just answer back "hi". lol Those people just looking for sex straight up? Well, at least they're honest. There are lots of guys (and maybe women too-don't attack me!) who are a lot more sneaky, which makes them a bit more frightening imo. Gave up on the online dating thing; I live in a remote community (no, I'm not willing to move to the big city!), too many people are online because they are seeking someone perfect, and few are willing to invest lots of time to get to know you before meeting. All deal breakers. :(
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Maybe they were just a little too caught in trying to play off that song. *shrug*
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I have a whole website of WTF messages. They're about 13 years old, though. www.waytoopersonal.com
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Tons.

Best one: I had a guy message me offering to come over and clean my apartment for free- if he could wear a pair of my underwear while doing it. :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    i get a whole lot of first contact messages with just a name and a phone number.... like im going to randomly call or text a complete stranger. then i click through to their profile and it's not filled out. Sure, i want to talk to someone who's too lazy to fill out their profile AND too lazy to send a decent first email cause they sound like a winner. NEXT!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've got some creepy messages on mfp! I just don't reply to them. I worry that if I do, the next message will be even worse.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    my profile specifically states not to message me with just 'hi' yet people still do it. i get around 10 messages a day, and at least half are hey or hi. so annoying.

the other half are asking about sex or meeting me, and my profile states i will NOT meet them and only want friends.

people do not read profiles.
    People don't read profiles here either. I state in my profile that I won't accepts friend requests without a message. I still get friend requests without messages.
  • Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is actually very common, in fact i think 1 out of every 20 messages id get on a dating site werent dirty filth and digusting, its gotten so out of control that i have completely become repulsed by men at this point and cant even bare the though of wanting to get to know someone.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I don't have any dating profiles but I'm on a website called Daily Booth. It's kind of like a daily blog but you just take a picture of yourself or anything else that day and write a little blurb with it.
    I've never taken racy photos there or anything even below the neck. I never write suggestive things but I get e-mails constantly asking for cam sex, nude photos, cell number etc.
    So stupid.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    more than i can count!! not to mention all the guys who make gross cookie references. i had a guy yesterday tell me "let's get together and *kitten* then maybe we can date" ugh!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! I'm having a bad night but that just lightened my mood a bit LOL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Uxorial
    Uxorial Posts: 38
    Options
    Tons.

Best one: I had a guy message me offering to come over and clean my apartment for free- if he could wear a pair of my underwear while doing it. :)

Guess I need to start a dating profile. My house is getting really messy.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    The anonymity of the internet allows people's freak flags to fly on these dating sites. Ha!
  • shanndigity
    shanndigity Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaahA No thats funny ...thanks for the laugh
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of weirdness in online dating. Women deal with over the top come ons. Men deal with women who are resource wasters, flakes, overly fussy, etc. Not sure who has it worse, but my own skewed vision would lead me to saw that online dating is worse for men. I say this because women, if even average looking, are sitting on full inboxes. Weeding through the bad ones to get a few good ones is an easier task than what men typically deal with online.
  • kris10lv84
    Options
    I have a dating profile and a guy sent me a message once out of the blue asking if id show him around town and show him a good time..and in the images at the bottom was a pic of his penis..ummm no. LIke really..who does that even work on? This is why i have no hope left for these dating sites...ill just stay single lol.