The (hopefully) Biiiig "I Don't Need Friends" Thread!

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
I thought it'd be a good idea to make one thread for people.who do not need any more friends on here - that way, people know where to go if they don't need more friends, instead of looking through a gazillion threads. :)

Y'all should not add me. :) I try not to be on here pretty much throughout the day because I have stuff to do. Besides, there is probably a correlation between how much time someone spends hanging out on MFP all day long and how much they need to use the services provided by MFP. Oh, and if you do friend me, don't expect much motivation from me. Whether you succeed or not is most likely dependent on the motivation you bring for yourself to do what you already know needs to be done.

:)

Replies

• virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    AHAH!!!!!!!! dunno why this made me laugh.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    FR sent!
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    i disagree with the whole "we need to motivate each other, please join the hivemind" mentality on here anyway. dedication is intrinsic at the end of the day.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    AHAH!!!!!!!! dunno why this made me laugh.

it shouldn't have. he's my friend and he's TOTALLY serious.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    the whole motivation thing is weird to me...it's not the friends saying "WTG" or cheering me on that motivates me...it's seeing everyone else get these great workouts in and me feeling like a lazy @ss that motivates me!

I like friends that work their butts off & log it b/c I don't want to be sitting in last place on my giant duff! I have enough ppl in real life to lull me into laziness...I need the other people that say, "I just ran 800 miles and it FELT GREAT" because that's what I want to do tooooooo!!!!
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    I only have like, 4 friends on here and only speak to one really haha. I never really cared about making friends or how many I have. Yeah, having friends may motivate you and keep you involved with your goals, but I'd like to say I'm self sufficient in that area.
  • avrilamor
    Options
    I thought it'd be a good idea to make one thread for people.who do not need any more friends on here - that way, people know where to go if they don't need more friends, instead of looking through a gazillion threads. :)

Y'all should not add me. :) I try not to be on here pretty much throughout the day because I have stuff to do. Besides, there is probably a correlation between how much time someone spends hanging out on MFP all day long and how much they need to use the services provided by MFP. Oh, and if you do friend me, don't expect much motivation from me. Whether you succeed or not is most likely dependent on the motivation you bring for yourself to do what you already know needs to be done.

VERY HONEST and GOOD TO KNOW....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

^^this.....except I am here all day because it's better than working.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think this thread might have the opposite effect...if I weren't your friend already I would send you a FR.

In fact, I may delete you just so I can send you a FR.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    If this was reverse psychology, it didn't work.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^^this.....except I am here all day because it's better than working.

Yeah, I'm around a lot throughout the day especially with the iphone app...

...but I don't say it like it's an accomplishment I'm proud of.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I can assure you that this post was entirely sincere.

(Odd, my post that I don't believe adding random friends (or being on MFP all day every day) is a key to success, and yet I have people who believe this is some kind of reverse play for FRs.

:huh:

*mindboggle* )
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Sent. ;P
  • cdnarcher
    Options
    I have 2 MFP friends. My motivation comes from me and no one else. I don't need no stinkin' friends!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I think it's funny/interesting that four+ of my MFP friends responded to this.

:happy:
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one is a little creeped out when someone comments on my food diary? That someone made a conscious decision to look at what I ate that day AND then comment on it....
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one is a little creeped out when someone comments on my food diary? That someone made a conscious decision to look at what I ate that day AND then comment on it....
    You can close your diary you know.

I accept all requests...then make them regret sending one in the first place.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    the whole motivation thing is weird to me...it's not the friends saying "WTG" or cheering me on that motivates me...it's seeing everyone else get these great workouts in and me feeling like a lazy @ss that motivates me!

I like friends that work their butts off & log it b/c I don't want to be sitting in last place on my giant duff! I have enough ppl in real life to lull me into laziness...I need the other people that say, "I just ran 800 miles and it FELT GREAT" because that's what I want to do tooooooo!!!!

I agree and I love my friends :) for making me feel like I am total slacker so I get off my but and do something. :bigsmile:
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I can assure you that this post was entirely sincere.

(Odd, my post that I don't believe adding random friends (or being on MFP all day every day) is a key to success, and yet I have people who believe this is some kind of reverse play for FRs.

:huh:

He's telling the absolute truth... You just need to know him to understand that. :huh:

*mindboggle* )
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

Yes I'm creeped out by the noisy nellys. Had someone say that if I didn't open up my diary we couldn't be friends. She isn't missed!