I was afraid of this...

Options
13»

Replies

• CrysButcher3
    Options
    Why don't you ask your lord to fix it? Or is that another one of "it's just god's will" excuses religious people make for having faith in something that doesn't exist?

For starters, God gave each of us agency to choose, and that agency will not be taken away from us regardless of the consequence - it is our gift from God. It is precisely because he loves us that God won't 'fix' our lives, anymore than a loving parent would 'fix' every problem in the life of their child. How would the child ever learn and grow without the opportunity to resolve and fix their own problems?

It is awfully nice of you to chime in however. I'm sure the world is a better place because of your outlook and willingness to share with the rest of us.

^^^ Nicely said.
  • luvva_luvva
    Options
    OT: I tell someone else to tell me off, because I know I'm a soft touch. Then I move the chocolate as far away as possible xD
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    When I feel like I'm reverting back to old habits of eating....I switch to alcohol :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I stop, collaborate, and listen

Holy cr*p....I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day now...bwahaha!!!

:laugh:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for the last three weeks. I know I've gained, but have been too afraid to get on the scale. Haven't figured out how to get back...
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Barneyyyyyyy
    "When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story."
    --B. Stinson
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I want it bad enough.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good stuff but I asked what YOU do in the situations.

For the record, I'm addicted to nothing other than loving my children and the Lord.

If you're turning to food instead of the Lord, it sounds like you are addicted to food whether you are admitting it to yourself or not.

Yes this. I know many people at church who had to admit this to themselves.

We should eat to live, not live to eat.

Myself included.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror and work out - easy
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask your lord to fix it? Or is that another one of "it's just god's will" excuses religious people make for having faith in something that doesn't exist?
    Genuinely curious: Are you by any chance an ex Catholic or an ex Jehovah's's Witness?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I think about how far I've come - for the 2nd time. There is no way in hell I'm doing this again.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am battling that demon right now! I cycled to work this morning, 30km, and was feeling on top of the world. Looked back on where I was before I started this journey and knew that I was now a winner. My self esteem was sky high and nothing could bring me down.

Three hours later - just got word that we didn't win a major project that I had worked (slaved) on for months and that we sincerely believed we would win. Now I feel absolutely gutted and sick to my stomach.

First reaction is to eat. Second (and winning) reaction is to come to MFP and be accountable and draw inspiration from others.

I still feel pretty damn awful but I am choosing a different way to deal with it.

Now, if they would just fix the coffee machine in the office.....