Do you have a treat everyday and what is it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want it -- but I make sure I have the calories budgetted to do it. If I don't, I work out a bit extra to make room for it. So I guess it's really not a 'treat' thing... but it works for me, as I never deny myself any foods.
  • RiyaO
    RiyaO Posts: 19
    Options
    After a long run esp outside I'll have a popsicle or a fudge-sicle usually between 15-40 calories so I build them in. I LOVE chocolate, so every other day I indulge in a jello pudding cup or mousse cup at 60 calories.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    most every day I'll have a WW Ice cream bar. It's 100 calories, and worth every one.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The comments referring to dogs are a bit harsh. I thought we were all supposed to support each other not put people down.

I treat myself once or twice a week but never anymore than that.
    They aren't meant to be mean or a put down at all. Different strategies work for different people, and a lot of people use the reference ("don't reward yourself with food, you are not a dog") to remind themselves that if you have a lot of weight to lose, its not necessarily a good idea to reward a workout with a candy bar.

....and let's face it, the word "treat" does bring this to mind for a lot of us:

dog-begging.jpg
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I don't have a treat. I eat whatever I want so long as it fits my calories and macros.
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    I usually have a sweet after i eat in the eve. I really love the weight watcher cakes. they are only 90 cals and are delish!!
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    Every day? No, I don't. But I do have frozen yogurt from a store around the corner from me occasionally. And even more occasionally than that I go to rite-aid for some thrifty chocolate malted crunch. yum!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i have some kind of a piece of dark chocolate. right after breakfast. so i can tell my brain that i've had it and i don't need anything else!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't have one everyday, but once or twice a week, such as frozen yogurt. I've found a place around here that has wonderful frozen yogurt. So good! (but i LOVE ice cream)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm having my treat for an afternoon snack...2 cups of berries.

I do have a skinny cow ice cream sandwich from time to time though (150 calories).
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    S E X
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have a treat every day. I allow for it my calories, and I would go crazy without something sweet.

As for what it is, it varies day to day.
  • Trimere
    Trimere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only "treat" after I hit a goal. I still can eat sweet things, but I stick to natural sweets like fruit. After I cut out refined sugars, I tend not to crave them anymore. I'd rather see the scale drop in numbers than have something that is only a fleeting moment of pleasure.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    mm smoothies, cocoa nibs, chocolate Ideal shape, fruits are always yum, peanut butter n honey... I don't think of them as treats, just edibles that make me go mmmm
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes, studying the bible each morning when I get up. :) I don't reward myself with food. I'm not a dog.

I dont understand, so are u saying u will never ever have a pice of chocolate, icecream,glass of wine.
    For me this is a lifestyle change not a diet!

No if I eat those things it triggers cravings, so I just avoid them. I've been doing this for over a year and half, and I know what I can handle and what I can't. So I just avoid them. I will have an atkins bar, or some other low sugar item, that doesn't trigger my cravings, But I guess I don't view them as a "treat" just something I choose to eat.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Maybe I used the wrong word, when I said treat I meant reward!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Maybe I used the wrong word, when I said treat I meant reward!

I agree with the bible-lady...I dont see the point in rewarding yourself wth food, especially for eating well. Its like an alcoholic having a drink because they'd done so well not drinking. Just my personal opinion so dont flame me. I just dont see the point in rewarding yourself with food. A nice hot bath, a good book, maybe, but not a square of chocolate.
  • loztredders
    Options
    I have a 'treat' most days, but don't really think of it as a treat, its all just food to me really but I try to be as healthy as I can the majority of the time.
    I have maybe 100-200 cals of junky kind of food a day, usually chocolate. I am a serious chocoholic!
  • jennielhawk
    jennielhawk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Edi's Fruit Bar......they are great