Women who are around 5,5 What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• gvaliot
    gvaliot Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" and am aiming for 125 ultimately but I'd be happy between 130-135lbs.

I'm 5'6.5 and have been stuck at 143-147 for awhile now. My goal is also 125, but I would be happy at 130 (and that is probably the most realistic for me).

At 145, I am ok with my body, but my thighs and hips just seem unportionally large to me-it may be in my head (according to my husband) but when I try on clothes, I can wear a 4/small on top in most stores and need at least an 8 or medium on bottom. So maybe it's a combination of me being overly critical of myself, plus having office butt (I do sit a lot at work) AND stores not accounting for hips after childbirth, even in stores that seem to cater to WOMEN (I'm not shopping at forever21, for example). I would like to tone up all over, but I think at 130, my thighs will have to be reduced. Once I get there, maybe it will be maintenance, but 125 is still my goal. I weighed 120 in high school and had no muscle tone, so I know below 125 will not be healthy for me-but it depends on your body-eveyone is different. :smile:
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

BUT if I get to 135 (where I was 2 years ago before I discovered the love of my life...BEER!) and am happy that is all I really care about. :)

^^That. I was 135 for the better part of 5-8 years until beer happened over the last 2 and I gained 20 pounds. LOL I'm 5'6" and currently 156. Would be happy under 145, but really shooting for 135.
  • mrsianno
    mrsianno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and gained 60 lbs with my son. My goal is to be between 105-110.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and would like to be 145 :) but if i look awesome at 150 then that would be great too
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and I am currently around 135-140. I would be comfortable at 130-135. just more toned. do what you feel comfortable with and stop where you feel healthy and happy! :)
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" inches and my goal is 140 lbs at 20% body fat!
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 145lbs, current weight 134lbs and my goal is about 130lbs, I'm 5'5 and I have an hourglass shape so on my body frame I'd be happy at about that number :)
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I'm 133lbs now. My goal is 130 but I'm still fighting to get rid of this belly. It's almost completely gone but when I'm PMSing bloating isn't very kind to me at all. I may need to gain 5 lbs of muscle to sustain.

why is the tummy so hard to get rid of! ugh! I too struggle with it!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and at 145 I looked pretty chunky - to be fair, I wasn't toned at all. I'm shooting for somewhere between 120 and 130 - when you get close to your goal weight, it becomes about the inches and the toning, not the lbs =)

This. My starting weight was 153 but I'm small framed. I'd like to be at 130-135.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5'7 and I'm aiming for 125-130
    But I'm going to talk with my doctor about that once I get under the 200 mark. I'd say ask your doctor to see if it's heathly, but I think it'll look just fine ^^
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello Kayla. You need to find what is good for you. I am 5'5" and was about 150 before, which put me in a size 6 pant and I totally rock that size and weight. I know that I would look unhealthy and sickly if I would ever get down to 130. but, that is due in part to my body type and shape. I have friends my same height that look very healthy at 120 - 130. But, their frame is a lot smaller than mine is.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am over 200 pounds and 5'5". I looked good at 150 pounds because I distributed my weight well. My ultimate goal is 125-130 pounds. I think it depends on the size of your frame though. I am not a small build so I might not look good at 125. I will hopefully get down to at least 140 and I will see if I want to stop or keep going.
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi , my names Kayla and i ve been on MFP for a month.
    I Started ut as 194 Lbs and im currently 190 Lbs.
    My goal is 130 lbs. Is that too skinny for my size?
    My mom went on and on the other night how i should stop at 145 Lbs..
    Feel free to add me.

Hi Kayla! I am 5.5ft and my ultimate goal is 130lbs although I have no idea if that is a realistic i.e. maintainable goal or what it would look like on me as I have never been that small lol. Only one way to find out I guess.... good luck with it x
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is around 130 maybe less maybe a little more (not sure yet!) so I'd say your goal seems right. :-)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and would like to get to somewhere around 120-125. Currently 134 but I hold all my weight around my middle. Pah.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". My highest weight ever was 225. I lost and maintained at 175 for the last 3 years. I'm now shooing for 145 as it's within 5 pounds of the top of the BMI range for women at our height. I'll see how I feel about that when I get there.

I maintained at 175 for the last 3 years pretty easily - if my clothes felt tight I'd go back to tracking my food intake and drop back down to my maintenance level within a short period of time. I want my long-term maintenance to be that easy as well. I won't kill myself to make a certain #.

I have been big all my life. I was 175 at the end of 9th grade and dropped to 156 (without trying) by the end of 10th grade. I then did weight watchers and made it down to 137. That was my lowest weight as a teenager/adult. Not sure trying to get down to that again in my late 30's is realistic, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to the first goal.
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm currently 143. My goal is 120.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and have a very small frame. I'd be happy around 110, but wouldn't mind 115 with some muscle gain.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Definitely what a lot of people on here are saying....whatever feels right to you. I'm 5 ft. 6.5 inches and my first goal weight was a 130 and then I pushed it to 128....and I'm currently hovering around 125lbs. and I've found that I actually might love myself a little now.

My starting weight was about 140lbs...and when I was in college (5+ years ago) I was down to 122lbs...I know that 122lbs is way to light for my frame size, but 125 seems just about right.

You can always start with one goal weight and once you attain it, step back and take a look and decide then if you want to shed a few more pounds or just work on toning. I was honestly pushing for 128 lbs, and then tried to maintain while working on toning some, and ended up losing a few more lbs.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out a good number for yourself...especially with all of the helpful suggestions of amazing MFP people :)