Anyone from the UK ???

Options
Hi
I love MFP, have made good friends, the support is great, and i love getting to know everyone from anywhere in the world.

Just wanted to know if there are many people on here from the UK ?, and where everyone is from ?.

Maybe just recently started like me, and would like to make some new friends?
and have some great support along the way?.

Im originally from Scotland, now living in Milton Keynes, England.
If you want a uk friend and some support on your journey feel free to add me.

p.s. this is the best site ive ever found to help with weight loss ;-)

Replies

• gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i currently do not live in the UK, but whenever i go anywhere, someone asks me what part of the UK i am from... so apparently i have a British accent... or something lol, but i was born in the US. but my whole family is from London, england...whales, and Ireland... feel free to add me as a friend. i love this website as well! :)
  • newbsar
    newbsar Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi

I'm from the UK on the east coast. After seeing my holiday photo's and stepping on the scales post holiday I thought it is time I did something. The baby weight excuse is now looking a bit feeble seen as my youngets is 2 in September!! lol. So here I am, Day 3 of Shred and first day on MFP - my goal is to loose 14lbs and get down to my wedding weight.

How about you?
  • JessWinnett
    Options
    Hey :) I've recently started this too (around 3 weeks ago) and am on day 5 of the 30 day shred (love it already!) and I live in Kent - would be nice to have more friends from the UK! Would love to support you on your journey so please feel free to add me :)
  • newbsar
    newbsar Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks Jess will do :smile:
  • briznik
    briznik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bristol, I'm 5ft 1in, hoping to go from 142lbs to 120 - much prefer to have British friends as they're buying their foods in the same places and eating / finishing their days at the same time. So feel free to add me!
  • luluzombie
    Options
    Hi sunshine! I live between London and Brighton and just started on MFP two days ago.
    LuLu x
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Yep From the UK too. By the way aren't we doing well in the Olympics? By percentage I recon we are leading in the medals stakes. Anyway I digress
    I am here for the long haul so if anybody wants to add me please feel free. I think we could all do with the support.
    I am from Yorkshire and desperately in need of a summer. We haven't had one up here yet. Very grey.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am UK based, Northampton in fact, and have just started to become active on the mfp forums as I think support is the key. I have previously used mfp for logging but I am just about to start getting back into that.
  • shelk76
    shelk76 Posts: 58
    Options
    hey

im from swindon, love this site too x
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Manchester, UK and loving MFP. I struggle sometimes but I am determined to get all my weight off and back into the healthy range again. Sent a friend request, support is crucial
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im from the UK in Kent in the south east. Feel free to add me. xx
  • snoppdog69
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently living and working in Central London but am from Milton Keynes also, where all my family live. It's good to know someone else from there.

Sent a friend request, friends to support each other are the motivation we need.

Currently weigh 160lbs would love to be 125-130lbs like many years ago.
  • Coconutfrosting
    Coconutfrosting Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am from Oxfordshire. Just started this and I am hoping inspiration with support from others I can achieve my weight loss.

Feel free to add me.
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bristol, I'm 5ft 1in, hoping to go from 142lbs to 120 - much prefer to have British friends as they're buying their foods in the same places and eating / finishing their days at the same time. So feel free to add me!

Totally know what you mean! I LOVE this website but it's a pain when you someone posts a recipe that sounds awesome then you realise it contains tinned pumpkin or something else that the Tesco Metro on the corner isn't likely to stock :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hi I also found this site at the weekend. I retired from teaching (food) last year and since then have struggled to lose any weight as I am so much less active than I was running round all day and up and down stairs. It is difficult for me to manage excercise classes as I have health issues BUT I can walk and was proud that I did 2 miles in 40 minutes this morning.

I need to lose about 18lbs to be more comfortable (from 168lbs to 150lbs ) I cook most things from scratch and have already found myself uploading my shopping (Sainsburys )into the data base plus my low fat easy to make sauce for ragu.I would love to get support from others in UK but I am not sure what adding someone means- does it mean adding a friend? I probably should have read round the site more before posting here but there you go.
  • nikshikari
    Options
    Hello i am from Bradford.... And totally looking for more friends. I have less than a handful.

I am on MFP as i had Gastric Bypass Surgery due to Hypothyrodism and Severe Depression.

My starting weight was 22 st 3lbs but i am now 20 weeks post op and weighing 16st 7lbs.

This site has helped me so much with tracking my protein. I dont know what i would do without this site now.
  • 2210tim
    2210tim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from the dark side too, just outside Liverpool (St Helens).

Been on here about 6 weeks and i'm addicted already and have lost about 4kg just by being aware of what i'm consuming, also by replacing calories burned through exercise with good calories to repair and strengthen.

Good luck with your goals !!!!!!

Tim
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Hi I also found this site at the weekend. I retired from teaching (food) last year and since then have struggled to lose any weight as I am so much less active than I was running round all day and up and down stairs. It is difficult for me to manage excercise classes as I have health issues BUT I can walk and was proud that I did 2 miles in 40 minutes this morning.

I need to lose about 18lbs to be more comfortable (from 168lbs to 150lbs ) I cook most things from scratch and have already found myself uploading my shopping (Sainsburys )into the data base plus my low fat easy to make sauce for ragu.I would love to get support from others in UK but I am not sure what adding someone means- does it mean adding a friend? I probably should have read round the site more before posting here but there you go.

Yes it means adding someone as a friend for support. You can either invite someone to be a friend or if someone asks you to be a friend you then need to accept or decline. Hope this helps
  • lisar2809
    lisar2809 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm from the Uk, south west. I have just joined up tonight. I have been losing weight with a slimming club but find it difficult to get to the meetings. My sister has lost about 40lbs with MFP... if she can do it then I can too. My first goal isn't weight loss related... I just want to get to know the site and it's tools and make some meal plans. Here we go!
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Essex girl here! :))
    I'm maintaining at the moment (44yrs/5'4"/109lb) but I'm due to go back to my OH this Friday in Turkiye for 3 weeks.......let's wait and see what my weight is after, it's gonna be baaad! ;-)