Anyone from the UK ???

Options

Replies

• deesse75
    deesse75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bristol, I'm 5ft 1in, hoping to go from 142lbs to 120 - much prefer to have British friends as they're buying their foods in the same places and eating / finishing their days at the same time. So feel free to add me!

THIS :)

Recently moved to Essex from Canada and adjusting to new foods and brands at the moment.
    Always enjoy having new friends on MFP
    Annie x
  • afeitar
    afeitar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too! Liverpool :D

I'm just trying to lose about 5lbs and tone up, so might end up re-gaining with muscle weight, but I'm also hoping to reduce my body fat (especially around my tummy!) . I rejoined the gym yesterday and can't wait to get back into some cardio and weights.
  • xBeckie_Sx
    Options
    i am from merseyside, been on here about 6 months now i love the site!! feel free to add x
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Hi! I'm a student in Stirling.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in London, been on this site since last May and found it really helps. Love getting new food ideas from people so if anyone wants to add me, feel free. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Donna_300
    Options
    SO many have just 1lbs's to loose .....and my goal seems so far away......need to loose half of me have made a start tho and this site has helped soo much where weight clubs have failed for me
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from the dark side too, just outside Liverpool (St Helens).

Been on here about 6 weeks and i'm addicted already and have lost about 4kg just by being aware of what i'm consuming, also by replacing calories burned through exercise with good calories to repair and strengthen.

Good luck with your goals !!!!!!

Tim

The dark side....Love it lol ;-)
    Its very addictive but more to the point very supportive.
    You have been on here same time as me, and are doing well.
    i agree with you on how aware you become of what you consume and how that goes a long way to helping.
    God have i been shocked by some of the calorie values in some foods lmao.

Keep up the good work x
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Cardiff girl here :) Welcome! x
  • Taritanolan
    Options
    yes!!
  • linbroadbent
    Options
    Hello :smile: ,
    I'm from Stevenage In Hertfordshire, I'm trying to loose weight because I need yet more Surgery on my foot. After seeing photos of me at my sons wedding and seeing aunties and uncles at a recent family get together I decided I was not gonna be one of them, I also have a 3 year old grand son, and don't want him to remember me as "fat". I need to loose about 4 stone and am really struggling at the moment with the exercise but I will do this I am determined to,

Lin
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    Essex girl here! :))
    I'm maintaining at the moment (44yrs/5'4"/109lb) but I'm due to go back to my OH this Friday in Turkiye for 3 weeks.......let's wait and see what my weight is after, it's gonna be baaad! ;-)

You never know you might well be fine :-)
    Even if it is baaad, you CAN fix it, just get straight back on here with us and we will help x
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Lincs gal here! :wink:
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm from the west midlands and have been here a while there is a team u.k group here too. Great support to be had here at MFP and the phone app is great too, best of luck and if you still need friends for support please feel free to add me, just send a message too.
  • linbroadbent
    Options
    I need to loose 4 stone plus, but I thought no one knew how that felt, How do you stay up beat because Im struggling at the moment the goal seems so far away.
  • Melodymunchkin
    Melodymunchkin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not too far away from you I am in Oxfordshire area, just started on this site about 3 weeks ago and love it. Add me if you like.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yes i am from UK. Harlow in Essex. nice to meet you xxxxxxxxx
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Ascot and last year managed to lose 22lbs with MFP! Have found the weight starting to creep up again, so am back logging to lose 7lbs before hols, so that I can eat and drink without worry! Have used other sites like MFP, but find this is the best for finding UK foods and quantities!

Keep logging - it really does work!

Totally agree...Logging everything you eat and drink on here really does work ;-)
  • PeterrJames
    Options
    Im from the UK, Suffolk!! :)
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    I have just found this site today and am really excited by everyone's comments. I live in Lechlade but originally from Swindon and would love to have a team of online friends to get me through my ups and downs of trying to get fit. This is going to be so inspirational and I've got a feeling that I'm going to succeed this time......would love to have some people to share this with x

Im glad you have found this site, you wont regret it,. best ive ever found,
    Info on the dtatbase is outstanding and the support from friends on here is great.

MFP + FRIENDS = SUCCESS
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I live about 20 minutes away from milton keynes! Love this site, still not losing much weight though :(