Would you log 3 grapes?

Options
124»

Replies

• lurkerling
    Options
    I would eat enough to make it half a cup, or even a third of one cup. Then I could log it without feeling too silly.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I log everything just because where do you draw the line?

If I eat 10 "just a bites" of 10 different things throughout the day, then that adds up.

It's easier just to log everything.

This. I logged half of a dried apricot yesterday.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll log the 3 grapes and if anyone offers me food I won't log like one crisp or a stick of gum as i know there'll only be like 5 cals in them at the most, but if they offer me anything bigger, like the welshcake I had earlier this week, I will log it.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad about logging stuff over the weekend and I just remembered I ate 3 grapes and I forgot to log them. It got me thinking, if other people out there go to that extreme to make sure they log everything. I also find myself avoiding little snacks just because I don't want to log them. For example like if a co-worker offers me a stick of gum, I'll say no for the sole reason of not wanting to log it :noway: .

ha ha.......is this a sick joke?
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For those of you that log in those 3 grapes, do you also log in walking up 3 flights of stairs as part of your cardio exercise for the day? I see this come up as some people's status updates and it never occurred to me to log either one.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    There are no negative calorie foods (http://www.answerfitness.com/269/negative-calorie-foods-fact-fiction/ and http://realdoctorstu.com/2012/04/11/does-eating-celery-burn-calories-the-science-about-negative-calorie-diets-finally/)

And yes, I would log the grapes. Logging everything discourages mindless eating, at least for me.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I would never eat just three grapes.

But no I don't tend to log little meaningless bites like that just like I don't bother logging in taking five flights of steps at work.
  • masterharper64
    Options
    I'd log them because I need to.....my dietician is trying to figure out why I only eat 50-80% of my daily calorific requirements yet can't lose any weight beyond 3 kilos
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    No if it was the only "bite" of something I had.
    If I have a couple bites here and there then I do count them.
    I would never eat just three grapes.

But no I don't tend to log little meaningless bites like that just like I don't bother logging in taking five flights of steps at work.
    Exactly. I probably would have burned the grapes off by cooking for almost two hours today o_O
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't bother. Too much of a chore and the moment I find that this is more work than it's worth will be the moment where I start slipping. Ultimately, in the end, I never want to have to physically count calories again. I just want to be better trained in knowledge in how many calories I've probably consumed in the day.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I do because I am a 'mindless eater' I can just nibble on things all day and never notice (at least I used to). Yes it's a pain in the butt to weigh and measure everything but it keeps me honest and I figure if I get in the habit of not logging things it will just progress back to just eating all the time so I kind of have to do it.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I would have taken the gum.

ha ha ha but would you log it?

If you don't swallow the gum, do you have to log it? What if you only chew it until half the flavor is gone and then spit it out? Do you just log half a piece of gum?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I don't log bottles of wine so, no ... :)
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No....its 3 grapes its not going to kill you....do an extra push up or 2.