Does Pilates give you wider hips & a butt??!

Options
Not to sound rude or anything BUT I've notice Caucasian woman are getting big butts and wide hips. & on the trains of NYC sometimes I hear them talking about Pilates. Or I see them with yoga mats and yoga pants.
Now does Pilates change a woman's body shape?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes, pilates changes your bone structure via a patent pending non surgical process. the "100" exercise actually refers to the amount of growth (in centimeters) you can expect in your pelvic girdle. this in turn will widen your hips and butt.

true story.
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I had no idea. My butt is big enough, I don't need it to be bigger. I thought it slenderized?
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    100-lb squats made my butt perkier. I am Caucasian and I've always had a booty. Got it from my momma.
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yes, pilates changes your bone structure via a patent pending non surgical process. the "100" exercise actually refers to the amount of growth (in centimeters) you can expect in your pelvic girdle. this in turn will widen your hips and butt.

true story.

Post of the Day!!!
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but women come in all shapes and sizes regardless of ethnicity.
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    woa wait up! please explain this to me!

true story.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    woa wait up! please explain this to me!

true story.
    Sarcasm:
    n.
    1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    100-lb squats made my butt perkier. I am Caucasian and I've always had a booty. Got it from my momma.

SO THATS WHERE MY BOOTY WENT... *angry face* lol
  • skcastro
    skcastro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks guys
    I just had to ask its something I always hear on the train or bus or see everyday (and I'm not going to ask someone "hey you have a nice body you do Pilates?! Lol) so I thought I'd ask hear.
    I did t mean to offend anybody if I did. It was just a question I had wondered about for a while.
    I do Pilates often but Im naturally curvy so I see no difference in my body shape. So I was just wondering lol
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think you mean "Pirates". No worries, I misspell all the time. :wink:
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options

true story.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I do pilates (I don't do the "100's" exercise though because physically I can't) but pilates strengthens and lengthens you causing you to be more slender and toned. If this is true please let me know where you found this information.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Now there is a difference between big booty and it beng perky and round instead of flat. Pilates will make it more perky and shaply instead of flat. The things that will make it bigger are genes :))
    hope this helps
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options

true story.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I do pilates (I don't do the "100's" exercise though because physically I can't) but pilates strengthens and lengthens you causing you to be more slender and toned. If this is true please let me know where you found this information.
    Humor. It's humor. Come on, how much more obvious can she make it?
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

true story.

Post of the Day!!!

I agree!!

107.gif
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

true story.

Thought the second lady was pretty funny too. Strengthens maybe... but lengthens???
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

true story.

End with ba-dump bump?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

true story.

She was making a joke. Unfortunately though, the idea that you can "lengthen" from Pilates is just as silly.
  • skcastro
    Options
    I misspelled it? Lol
  • skcastro
    Options
    Now there is a difference between big booty and it beng perky and round instead of flat. Pilates will make it more perky and shaply instead of flat. The things that will make it bigger are genes :))
    hope this helps

Maybe it's just all the McDonald's people eat in NYC lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    hope this helps

Maybe it's just all the McDonald's people eat in NYC lol
    I would say that's pretty likely. Push them off the trains and make them walk. They'll thank you later. :laugh: