50 shades of grey!

Options

Replies

• EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Vampire acdemey
    City of bones
    These are more simlair to twilight ! But they are amazing !
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anyone read this? I just finished and thought it was awesome! Im kinda depressed because now i have nothing to read or look forward to read, lol. Anyone know of any books similar to twilight, 50 shades if grey or anything like mitch alboms books?

it's utter badly written, ignorant on the subject, badly researched, a 10yr old could do better, sh*te
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to say I liked them. She is a terrible writer.
  • amandadia
    amandadia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The book was entertaining, not the best writing but there are 3 in the series! plus someone else suggested the Sookie Stackhouse books (the books aren't as graphic the HBO show though). The HBO version is called True Blood:)
  • lamattos1963
    Options
    I too read all three 50 shades......a friend of mine told me to read "Bared to you" by Sylvia Day. I just started it, i think it is going to be good!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series? Those are good.

I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey...however I agree with the comment above...Charlaine Harris' Sookie books are good. At first I found it hard to get into but then after a chapter or two I was completely hooked.... There are over 12 books in the series I think so that should keep you going for awhile.

Another good vampire series is the Chicagoland Vampires....
    Have you read Hunger Games? While there is no $ex there is romance...
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No it's not very well written or realistic!
    I see what the author was trying to do but she did not succeed hopefully the film has a better variety of vocabulary of than 'oh Anna'
    'he murmurs' 'she murmurs'
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I heard Bared To You by Sylvia Day was supposed to be a lot like 50, but I haven't begun reading it yet. I LOVED 50 Shades of Grey!!!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Laurell K. Hamilton is super smutty. Two thumbs up!

It's funny to me how everyone is slamming her for being a "bad" writer. A woman's first hand at a novel must be excellent, Tolstoy level writing? Not to mention it's a guilty pleasure book, she's not trying to give insight on the economic free fall!

I took it for what it was, a fun, get away read!
  • jmsjones2009
    Options
    Anything by Lora Leigh; J.R Ward or Christine Feehan! I LOVE 50 Shades!!! Thinking about rereading them!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The Sleeping Beauty series by A.N. Roquelaire (Anne Rice) very smutty

Totally agree with this recommendation. Very well written books with a lot of edgy sexiness.

Also, if you're into vampire novels, Anne Rice's first three vampire books are outstanding. The whole series is good, but there are a lot of books in the series. Her series starting with The Witching Hour is also good.

Big fan of her work.

I couldn't get through the first 50 Shades book. It was horrible, and I hated Christian Grey.
  • marvelscale
    Options
    So much better stuff to be read out there. :smile:
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is a really good book! I also like Emily Griffin as an author.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second book .. It's all a little "teenager-ish" reading in my opinion with sex scenes thrown in wherever they want ... But, okay to pass the time at work when there's nothing to do!! HAHA!

Happy reading!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I found some dude-bros reading it on YouTube. :laugh: Can't make it through the actual audiobook. Sorry, it sucks. :tongue:
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This is the one that I was gonna suggest. Love it as well. I think the 2nd book is due out this month!
    I'm reading Bared to You by Sylvia Day. Almost a better story and VERY hot!!! Christian Grey or Gideon Cross...? I can't decide!!!!! LOL
  • natty_34
    Options
    Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series? Those are good.

I would definitely suggest this to you.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    50 shades wasn't good. I liked the writing style and pedantry, but take out the sex scenes and there was almost no story left. Boring.

The book has however encouraged me to write a book someday, who needs a plot to write a best seller if I just load it up with romance and sex.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There are two more books by the same author, the next title being "Fifty Shades Darker"?? Not sure what the third book is titled.
    Fifty Shades Freed
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    8108_3071649290085_1560984559_n1.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Much more enjoyable than the origional books lol. Brill