Needing encouragement and support

2»

Replies

• katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    I think everyones body is different and you'e got to find what feels healthy to you. I don't do well on carbs at all. But your brain does need them. So I stick to high fiber whole grain, and some brown rice. That's it. kc
  • SusyC
    SusyC Posts: 68
    Went to the wedding reception this weekend. Unfortunately, there was GREAT food! :grumble:

I filled up on bruschetta before dinner even came! Oh, sure, tomatoes are healthy. And I'm so "sure" they used olive oil. LOL

The veggies were nice thin, dark, green beans al dente to perfection ... in a wonderful creamy buttery sauce! Yumm~ so good! :mad:

Then, a nice sized baked potato, and since there wasn't enough butter to go around the table, I opted for a "healthy" serving of cool sour cream and chives:explode:

I ate about a fourth of the chicken breast which was covered in a thick wine sauce and nice and tender. But, I was so full! But, you see where my problem comes in with eating carbs first, and not leaving much room for protein.

However, I did skip the ice cream and cake. I'm not big on either one, and I was already plenty full!

And, since hubby had been out of town all last week, we opted for a family day out after church. We had lunch at the mall (oh, yeah, so many healthy choices there), and saw the new movie A Christmas Carol. Although, we didn't buy junk food there. That was the purpose of eating lunch at the eatery first ... to fill up on at least some protein and not have room for popcorn and candy.

So, I went into the weekend having lost 4 pounds last week, and came out of the weekend having gained 2. I guess it's still weight lost!
This discussion has been closed.