Dilemma! Awkward unfriending with mutual friends

Options
I need some help. I have one friend on this site that is CONSTANTLY being negative and hitting me with low blows( and the reason why, still stumps me!). I have NO problem unfriending anyone that is one my FL normally( I do so weekly)....but this friend is friends with nearly everyone of my friends...have any of you dealt with this...how did you handle? I hate to get into some awkward situation...but then again...I can't keep them around...bringing me down everyday!

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If your other "friends" are going to give you a hard time about ditching someone that's being negative toward you, do you really wanna be friends with those people?

I wouldn't.
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    Just unfriend them and ignore them. I'm friends with people who are friends with other people I wouldn't mind seeing dive off a cliff and its not awkward if you don't let it get that way.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    dump him. And if somebody makes a negative comment about it, dump them as well. What's the point of "friends" if they give you unnecessary grief?
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    can't everyone in question just read this thread?
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I would just tell him that he needs to be nicer or you'll ban him. It doesn't matter if he's friends with them. He still has to respect you. If he really is being mean - make a point of contacting him through a message and explain very nicely what you need to see him change. Explain he's hurting your feelings and you'd rather get positive messages as he's not helping you on your quest for a better you. Anyone who gets upset with this, probably wasn't your friend to start with.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    just do it. if they ask, tell them why. if anyone else asks, they're paying way too much attention to the lives of others on the interwebs.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi - Can you not send them a private email telling them how your feel. Maybe they are unaware of what they are doing... If not time to unfriend.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    to be honest, you have to do whats best for you. personally i would message them why and de-friend them. but thats just me.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I delete...then when their buddy PM me.
    Telling what i should do i deleted them.
    This is your page f uck all this popularity contest and high school bu llsh it.:angry:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    you have to do whats best for you.
    maybe it WILL be awkward, but you'll probably feel some relief once the person isnt on your page.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure many of your friends are going to want to delete *you* after they see that you ask what to do about them on the public forums...
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Who cares? It's not like it's a real life person you need to see out in social situations. I love this site, but some of you people take these MFP friends way too serious if it's seriously causing a stressed out dilemma in your life when you don't know whether or not to unfriend someone who clearly angers you but you've never met because you share mutual friends with another person you've never met. Just remove them, it's over, move on with your life, find something else to worry about.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ignore/block works wonders.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    tbh i doubt anyone will notice.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just do it. It's not likely anyone will even notice. If they do, they probably won't care. If they do, then you don't need the drama -- unfriend them, too. You can add me to make up the difference. :)
    This site is about getting healthy. It's great when we can support each other along the way, but if your friends are making it worse, it's time to cut them loose.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    can't everyone in question just read this thread?
    That's what I was thinking.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hit the Hide button. It works wonders !!! solved bunches of problems for me in the same situation. Good luck !
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Delete them if they are negative and not your cup of tea.
  • SusanDDuncan1
    Options
    Listen to Monica!!