Hungry all the time

Options
2»

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I think it has all been said here. Lose the processed meals. You are getting a ton of sodium and not much good nutrition.

Veggies are filling. If you don't like salad, my favourite lunch is a baggie of fresh veggies ( celery, carrots, radishes, zucchini slices, raw broccoli, cauliflower) a small container of hummus and 3 oz of chicken. My lunch is under 300 calories and I am always full. The protein stays with me longer.

At dinner, my plate is 1/2 to 3/4 full of veggies. At breakfast, I eat mixed berries, yogurt, fibre 1 and vanilla almond milk. I have the cereal separate from the fruits and yogurt and it feels like a huge meal.

That being said, work out more so you can eat more.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - there's something satisfying about covering that plate, isn't there? Sometimes I'll shovel on a huge buncha romaine and tomatoes and just a drizzle of lo-fat bleu cheese dressing. Just cover the plate up,,, a little chix and some brown rice on the other side.

Then sit down like a steam shovel and just pack it away. Very primal. Interesting stuff.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    <<snip>>
    I did go buy almonds. I also do put peanut butter on my banana sometimes.

Will just have to start cooking!

Ooh,,, watch the portion size on those almonds. They're good - healthy fats, some protein. They're also yummy little gut bombs. I know I can eat 3 servings/400 calories of them in a heartbeat.

Do you have a food scale? My wife weighs them and put them in little snackie zip-bags. You can count out almonds too - I think 23 nuts makes a one ounce serving.

Oh, my goodness, me too! I could eat an entire bag of the little suckers in no time flat, they are so good, but packed with calories. I make sure I count them out FIRST, before I start eating them, otherwise, like you said, 400, 500, 600 calories gone! :noway:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    These are things that help me...

(1) Often times, I am "starving" simply because I have nothing else to do! Before I know it, I am standing in front of my refrigerator and do not know how I got there. To solve this problem, I have taken up a hobby I am very excited about---- scrapbooking. I have a 3 month old nephew so I am making a scrapbook for him from birth to 1 year old. When I get bored, I start scrapbooking and no longer think about food!

(2) Drink water!

(3) Lean cuisines are good calorie wise but actually aren't very healthy. When you eat foods like that, your body is left wanting more and more since you are not getting adequate nutrition from them. I think they are GREAT in comparison to the McDonald's drive-thru but you will probably be more satisfied if you start cooking. You can find really simple/quick meals if you are short on time or skill like I am. Something I do is throw a chicken breast or piece of salmon in the oven and boil some broccoli. It only takes about 20 minutes and fills me up.