Lacking motivation slash willpower

Options
13»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: now go forth and conquer your world.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When you dont have any motivation or willpower, its time to get angry.

Anger and frustration are legitimate emotions that you do not have to apologize for. But when youve spent years being overweight, you find yourself repressing all the "ugly" emotions so people will be more likely to keep you around. (And we all know how healthy this is - rolls eyes). So we repress it and we repress it and we keep saying I Dont Care and quitting.

I dont care - is a lie. Or you wouldnt have to keep saying it over and over in your head.

Get mad.

Get mad that you let yourself get to this point.
    Get mad at the environments, talks and influences that led you to it.
    Get mad at the fact that you keep quitting and letting yourself down.
    Get mad cause you dont like being disappointed in yourself.
    Get mad cause you use 'no motivation' as a procrastination device or an excuse to still not do what you know you need to do.

Then forgive everyone and everything.

Take a deep breath.

Decide right now if you really want to turn yourself into the amazing machine you are meant to be.
    Decide if its what you want or if its just something you are being pressured into pretending to want.
    Decide if you are finally going to stick with it.

Then follow through on your promise to yourself.

be the one person that never lets you down ♥

I simply adore you, Yoovie.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You gotta WANT it more than anything else. When people hear me play piano, then say "I wish I could play piano" they don't mean it because if they did they would go out and do it.
    If you're fighting with yourself to do this, then it's more than probable your reason for doing it isn't the right one. Which is why you're not motivated and lack will power.
    So ask yourself: Why am I really doing this? Is it really for me or is it for another reason (vanity)? Do I really care about the benefits?

Those are just a couple to ask yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Anger and frustration are legitimate emotions that you do not have to apologize for. But when youve spent years being overweight, you find yourself repressing all the "ugly" emotions so people will be more likely to keep you around. (And we all know how healthy this is - rolls eyes). So we repress it and we repress it and we keep saying I Dont Care and quitting.

I dont care - is a lie. Or you wouldnt have to keep saying it over and over in your head.

Get mad.

Get mad cause you use 'no motivation' as a procrastination device or an excuse to still not do what you know you need to do.

Take a deep breath.

Decide right now if you really want to turn yourself into the amazing machine you are meant to be.
    Decide if its what you want or if its just something you are being pressured into pretending to want.

:heart: This is one damn fine example of why I love you, yoov.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is helpful, but it took me years of yo-yoing and mental preparation before I actually made this a permanent change...and I still have bad days. I do a visualization meditation before falling asleep...i picture the scale showing my goal weight and I envision myself (as best as I can) at that weight. I am definitely willing to be supportive, offer suggestions, and be a shoulder to cry on, if you'd like to add me. :smile:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Get mad.

Take a deep breath.

Pure brilliance!! :happy:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who actually had something constructive to say instead of just calling me lazy and fat. Friends are a great thing to have on here but I dont quite have the time to go through everyones diary everyday and congratulate them or whatnot. I dont want to just say "yay you were under" when you ate a lot of crap and it was a lousy day. I dont want to be a cheerleader for the sake of being one. I am willing to put in the effort but dont want to get made to feel like a lousy friend if I dont have the time to sit down and read everyone's diaries and status'.

There really is no need to be rude just because I have in my profile that I dont generally accept friend requests. I asked for help, yes, I did not ask to get insulted for my beliefs and what I do with my spare time. I am not a bad person because I dont want to spend hours poring over others diaries. I dont even spend that much time on my own.

I asked for tips on motivtaion, not tips on how to get friends. Tips for willpower, because mine is seriously lacking.

Thank you to those who have friend requested me, I have accepted and hopefully we can all band together and get rid of these pesky kgs!! Also - I know my diary has being terrible the past few weeks, that's why I need motivation to eat better and exercise more :smile:

i don't think i saw anyone call you lazy or fat, or insult you in any way. you're jumping to conclusions because you're not hearing what you want to hear.

we've all suggested to expand your friends list because that is a way to become more motivated. helping to cheer people on can help to motivate yourself. as for will power there isn't any trick really.

i don't comment on every work out, days logged in, or completed diary of my friends. if i did, it would be the only thing i do!

here, read these articles, and see if anything clicks.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/06/always-dominate-monday/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/

That's the thing though, I feel bad when I see that people comment on my diary and such and I feel guilty that I dont have time to flick through their's and make a positive comment. I feel like a bad friend and that I am taking but not giving.

so go to settings, and "Automatic News Feed update settings" and turn off what you don't want appearing in your newsfeed.

look at my profile, and read my first paragraph. i clearly state that i won't comment on every news update. i'm still very supportive of my friends.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who actually had something constructive to say instead of just calling me lazy and fat. Friends are a great thing to have on here but I dont quite have the time to go through everyones diary everyday and congratulate them or whatnot. I dont want to just say "yay you were under" when you ate a lot of crap and it was a lousy day. I dont want to be a cheerleader for the sake of being one. I am willing to put in the effort but dont want to get made to feel like a lousy friend if I dont have the time to sit down and read everyone's diaries and status'.

There really is no need to be rude just because I have in my profile that I dont generally accept friend requests. I asked for help, yes, I did not ask to get insulted for my beliefs and what I do with my spare time. I am not a bad person because I dont want to spend hours poring over others diaries. I dont even spend that much time on my own.

I asked for tips on motivtaion, not tips on how to get friends. Tips for willpower, because mine is seriously lacking.

Thank you to those who have friend requested me, I have accepted and hopefully we can all band together and get rid of these pesky kgs!! Also - I know my diary has being terrible the past few weeks, that's why I need motivation to eat better and exercise more :smile:

i don't think i saw anyone call you lazy or fat, or insult you in any way. you're jumping to conclusions because you're not hearing what you want to hear.

we've all suggested to expand your friends list because that is a way to become more motivated. helping to cheer people on can help to motivate yourself. as for will power there isn't any trick really.

i don't comment on every work out, days logged in, or completed diary of my friends. if i did, it would be the only thing i do!

That's the thing though, I feel bad when I see that people comment on my diary and such and I feel guilty that I dont have time to flick through their's and make a positive comment. I feel like a bad friend and that I am taking but not giving.

so go to settings, and "Automatic News Feed update settings" and turn off what you don't want appearing in your newsfeed.

look at my profile, and read my first paragraph. i clearly state that i won't comment on every news update. i'm still very supportive of my friends.

I just re-edited my profile, saying that I dont have time to comment on everyones achievements but will do my best. I want to be supportive, but sometimes life gets in the way :frown:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

I just re-edited my profile, saying that I dont have time to comment on everyones achievements but will do my best. I want to be supportive, but sometimes life gets in the way :frown:

Awesome! Now go out there and lose that weight. You CAN do this. :flowerforyou:
  • letitgoscr
    letitgoscr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi are you around? how are you it's been a super long time since I have been on and I am trying to get back on and stick with this. Let me know if you are...I think keeping record of what you eat and drink really helps at least it does for me.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    if there are chips in the house I will eat them!!!

Stop buying chips in the first place. Why the hell do you have them in the house?

Edit: accidentally a letter.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do about it?