How to get rid of ice cream cravings?

Options

Replies

• reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I eat icecream almost everyday,I just fit it in my allowed calories,dont give up what you like just do it in moderation,I dont eat half a gallon at a time like I used to ,now I have 125 grams when I have some,this is not a diet for me ,its a change in the way I eat,I will never give up the foods that I love to eat.I have lost 82 pounds by doing it this way,you can too

Right on! I too have ice cream every night and interesting it is also b/w 120-125 gms.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Eat a smaller portion or allow for more calories in your daily allowance.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's hard when it's in the house. :(
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Portion control?

I eat 1/4 cup of ice cream topped with a spoon of greek yoghurt, some nuts, and maybe a banana.

Tastes delicious and the calories aren't that bad.

The first bite of any food is always the best.
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened Almond Vanilla Milk (30 cals)
    2 packets of Stevia or splenda
    1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
    1/16 tsp Salt (don't omit !)

Mix all the ingredients together and put in a ice tray. Freeze
    When totally frozen, put in the mixer until you get AWESOME ICE CREAM !
    So delicious and only 30 calories for a HUGE bowl !!!!!! you can add any topping you want such as fresh fruits or chocolate chips...!

Enjoy !
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Thats one of my weak points too... I always want ice cream after dinner... So try this.... I heard someone else say they do this... And its a wonderful idea...

Me... If I shop for the ice cream, I get the slow churned.. And the ones that have 130 cals per 1/2 Cup serving... So I do this:

Use your 1/2 Cup or 1 Cup measuring cup, and use that as your bowl that you eat out of.... Take your carton out, fill up the 1/2 Cup or the 1 Cup measuring cup, LEVEL it off with a knife...... No heapers... Haaah. Put that carton back into the freezer.. And forget about it... Then eat your 1/2 C or Cup right out of the measuring cup.... That way your truely having the exact proper portion...

OR to really answer your question.. Your trying to "Get Rid Of The Craving Completely" Try putting your yogurt container into the freezer for 1 1/2 hrs..... Open, Stir, enjoy.... Tastes like ice cream..... Yet not really ice cream... I used to do that alot, and still occassionally do. Its pretty good. :wink:
  • FrancescaAngelina
    Options
    How about Twisters? They are only 70 calories but get my ice cream cravings satisfied. But I couldn't buy a whole pack and keep them in the freezer, I have to go and buy one (like every day :) )
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened Almond Vanilla Milk (30 cals)
    2 packets of Stevia or splenda
    1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
    1/16 tsp Salt (don't omit !)

Mix all the ingredients together and put in a ice tray. Freeze
    When totally frozen, put in the mixer until you get AWESOME ICE CREAM !
    So delicious and only 30 calories for a HUGE bowl !!!!!! you can add any topping you want such as fresh fruits or chocolate chips...!

Enjoy !
    Bing Bang... Thanks Maam! :smile: I-Scream, U-Scream, We All-Scream, For Ice-Cream!
  • aguilla112
    aguilla112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do they ever go away? :)
    I say go the Greek yogurt route. Try mixing in some peanut butter, honey or whatever (just use moderation). You can have a sweet, cold treat w/o all of the crap.
  • kcdough
    kcdough Posts: 8
    Options
    Say Diabetic outloud... say missing toes or fingers.... say ganggreen.... so loss of vision.. u will stop eating ice cream.... No one wants to be a diabetic... NO joke.... at all. taking meds or poking yourself checking blood sugar .... NOPE ... I hope I helped.... LOL... I dont have those cravings anymore.. how about sugar free and low carb items...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to lose weight but my step dad is trying to GAIN weight. He has a bunch of ice cream in the house, and I am talking like 4-5 CARTONS of the stuff. I have the worst will power in the world so I always eat it. Please help me get rid of these cravings!

unfortunately, only you can make changes in your will power. you just have to make it happen. no one else is going to, no one else can. and, really, no one else should. this is about you. this is for you. so make it happen.

past that, though, nothing at all wrong with ice cream. the fridge is empty now, but generally I have a bowl every night.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I switched to gelato a few months ago and now prefer it over ice cream. Target sells a brand called Talenti and I love the belgian milk chocolate flavor. Less calories than ice cream but I think the rest of the nutrition is about the same. I rarely buy it now cause I can eat the whole pint minus the tablespoon or two the cat eats. I swear she sometimes looks at me and wonders where this treat is as for a long while we were eating a pint two to three times a week. And she would hear the container open and come running. Kinda like opening a can of tuna. (sorry I got off subject)

Seriously- I have started buying the Friendlys cups or mini hagandaz (I can eat it but not spell it) so I have a little treat but not go crazy. You are better off having a little than none and then breaking down one day and eating a gallon. I do this about once a week unless I am really stressed. Then I might get a second as I continue to work on the relationship between stress and eating.

Also, I just tried this last week. Hood makes a really good snack sized ice cream sandwich that is I believe about 100 calories. Its about 3 or 4 bites but just enough to satisfy.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Say Diabetic outloud... say missing toes or fingers.... say ganggreen.... so loss of vision.. u will stop eating ice cream.... No one wants to be a diabetic... NO joke.... at all. taking meds or poking yourself checking blood sugar .... NOPE ... I hope I helped.... LOL... I dont have those cravings anymore.. how about sugar free and low carb items...

say going overboard out loud ...
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    take a banana slice it up freeze the slices. add it to a food processor with 2 teaspoons chunky peanut butter and 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder. its 185 calories if you do 100 grams of banana. its amazing how much it really does taste like ice cream i hope this helps

This is great! I am trying it tonight!! Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with milk and frozen fruit you can add ice too I add cereal or a small amount of broken cookies or nuts at times.Its usually under 200 calories but is large enough to feel satisfied not like I just got a taste
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    When I crave ice cream, I eat whipped cream instead. It's a lot less calories, and it generally fixes the craving.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of ice cream or frozen yogurt almost every day. I read labels and nutritional info and know which kinds I want to have in my "diet", if you call it that. I fit it in as my "sweet" snack. It's something I look forward to and it keeps me from binging.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    I eat icecream almost everyday,I just fit it in my allowed calories,dont give up what you like just do it in moderation,I dont eat half a gallon at a time like I used to ,now I have 125 grams when I have some,this is not a diet for me ,its a change in the way I eat,I will never give up the foods that I love to eat.I have lost 82 pounds by doing it this way,you can too

^^^ This is GREAT advice!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There is a delicious Light ice cream by Turkey Hill that has additional calcium. It's so good for you, I can't see any reason why it should be avoided. The best way to handle cravings is to plan for them, and work the foods you love into the diet.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options