I'm honestly proud of myself!

Options
SuperSexyDork
SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
I'm not one to normally post my small successes here. I'll post them on my wall and get some attention from my friends but normally, they're nothing really major in the grand scheme of things. Today, well today I feel amazing and I wanted to share! Who knows? Maybe this will help someone

When it comes to working out I'm a pretty shy person. I don't like other people watching me. Normally I jog outside at night mostly so I won't be noticed so much by other people. I do DVDs in my living room and I won't even do them when the kids are up or my boyfriend is home. I don't like feeling judged. Even when I know others won't judge me, I fear it.

This has kept me from getting a gym membership or working out in a gym. Well, that is until last night!

I did it! I overcame my fears and shyness and I used the gym membership I got on Saturday!!!! I didn't have a lot of time but I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical and went 2.8 miles. I burned 490 calories and dammit I'm proud of myself!

I'm going back as I was scared as hell but now I feel so much more confident in myself!

If you're holding off getting a gym membership because you're too self-conscious, just get it! Just get out there and do it! You'll feel so much better and more confident. People are really paying attention to what they have to do- not you!

Replies

• tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you, too :flowerforyou:
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I'm proud of you, too :flowerforyou:

Aww, thank you! :D
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to GOO!!! That is a very big step to take! Keep up the good work!! Have a great day!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Way to GOO!!! That is a very big step to take! Keep up the good work!! Have a great day!

Thank you! Have an awesome Tuesday!
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WEll Done Hunni, its a big step but I LOVEEEEE the GYM! x
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm proud of you too!
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It definitely can be intimidating the first few times in there, especially if you are there at times when the seriously hardcore people are running around in there. Build it into your routine, you'll learn a little about people who are there alot at the same times you are and it just kind of blends into your day.

Keep up the great work and have a great day!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Normally I jog outside at night mostly so I won't be noticed so much by other people!

I used to be like that but I've been stopped by the police and carded about 10 times, the last time they made me lay on the ground and cuffed me for 30 minutes because they thought I was running away from a crime scene.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    WEll Done Hunni, its a big step but I LOVEEEEE the GYM! x

I think I will learn to love the gym!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    You go girl :flowerforyou:
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Normally I jog outside at night mostly so I won't be noticed so much by other people!

I used to be like that but I've been stopped by the police and carded about 10 times, the last time they made me lay on the ground and cuffed me for 30 minutes because they thought I was running away from a crime scene.

OUCH! I've never been stopped by anyone... I take my dog with me and sometimes she scares the crap out of people... I once had someone yell to ask me if she was a panther!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm proud of you too!

:D Thank you!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Congrats! It definitely can be intimidating the first few times in there, especially if you are there at times when the seriously hardcore people are running around in there. Build it into your routine, you'll learn a little about people who are there alot at the same times you are and it just kind of blends into your day.

Keep up the great work and have a great day!

Thank you and I hope your Tuesday is awesome!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    OUCH! I've never been stopped by anyone... I take my dog with me and sometimes she scares the crap out of people... I once had someone yell to ask me if she was a panther!

I must have that look about me or something like I might be up to no good. I just want to lose weight :(

I'm still pretty unhappy about it because the screen on my Galaxy S3 got scratched when they made me lay down to cuff me. But I didn't want to risk moving to grab it at the time because they looked like they were going to taze me.

I sure know what you mean about not wanting to exercise in front of others I wouldn't ever have done it front of my ex wife or kids when I lived with them. But funnily enough it isn't a problem at gym and I actually go there to get some privacy to exercise even though I am surrounded by people.

The same people go there every day and there is so many of them I doubt they even pay any attention to me anymore.

You'll learn to like it eventually it can get addictive.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good for you! I hope you love your new gym!
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WTG! Congrats. I hope you continue to enjoy the gym! Most people are there for the same reason you are. To get healthy. Those that are there for anything else are not worth stressing over.
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

I must have that look about me or something like I might be up to no good. I just want to lose weight :(

I'm still pretty unhappy about it because the screen on my Galaxy S3 got scratched when they made me lay down to cuff me. But I didn't want to risk moving to grab it at the time because they looked like they were going to taze me.

I sure know what you mean about not wanting to exercise in front of others I wouldn't ever have done it front of my ex wife or kids when I lived with them. But funnily enough it isn't a problem at gym and I actually go there to get some privacy to exercise even though I am surrounded by people.

The same people go there every day and there is so many of them I doubt they even pay any attention to me anymore.

You'll learn to like it eventually it can get addictive.

You know, everyone told me before that most people at a gym are really focused on themselves... I don't know if it was that I didn't believe them or I was just being irrational but until last night I had no clue how people would look at me... The truth was that they really didn't. I got a couple of smiles though!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    WTG! Congrats. I hope you continue to enjoy the gym! Most people are there for the same reason you are. To get healthy. Those that are there for anything else are not worth stressing over.

You're quite right! Thank you!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!

I am hoping to get one soon. I have kinda the same fear but, mine is going in there and not knowing what to do. BUT, if i get the membership, they have a trainer you could utilize til you know your way around so, once I can aford it, I am going!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!