I'm honestly proud of myself!

Options

Replies

• ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is a HUGE step! Be proud & go kick some gym butt!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you as well :flowerforyou: Things like that can be really hard to overcome!

I workout in my living room, to DVDs, WiiFit, Just Dance, or I go running/walking/biking in my neighborhood. The only reason I don't go to a gym, is because I hate going alone and working out alone there!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest......

Well done, and happy gymming!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well done:flowerforyou:
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Like you, going to the gym was a big step for me. I've been going about two months now. Once you've gone a few times you'll realize that no one really pays anyone else any attention. They're mostly all there to do exactly the same thing you're doing, getting or staying fit. Congrats again!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I know how you felt, it took me ages to work up the courage. It's definitely something to be proud of. :)
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    AWESOME! I go to a very small gym and was just telling a friend of mine that I dont go to bigger gyms that might hve better equipment because I dont like people mocking or staring at the fat kid in the gym... SO GOOD FOR YOU! YOU GO GIRL!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!

I am hoping to get one soon. I have kinda the same fear but, mine is going in there and not knowing what to do. BUT, if i get the membership, they have a trainer you could utilize til you know your way around so, once I can aford it, I am going!! :)

Go for it!

I walked in and didn't know my way around but the employees were so helpful! I know how to use all of the cardio machines and most of the weight machines because I took a personal fitness class in high school and therefore spent a lot of time there. When it comes to routines though, I have no clue. My wonderful boyfriend who used to teach martial arts and body build has helped me come up with a 3 day a week routine for weights because that's where I was clueless!

I've also heard a lot of people really like New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. I would check that out if I were you!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I'm proud of you as well :flowerforyou: Things like that can be really hard to overcome!

I workout in my living room, to DVDs, WiiFit, Just Dance, or I go running/walking/biking in my neighborhood. The only reason I don't go to a gym, is because I hate going alone and working out alone there!

We're really opposite in that regards... I wouldn't really want to go with anyone I know!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Congrats! Like you, going to the gym was a big step for me. I've been going about two months now. Once you've gone a few times you'll realize that no one really pays anyone else any attention. They're mostly all there to do exactly the same thing you're doing, getting or staying fit. Congrats again!

It seems that congratulations are in order for you as well! I really realized yesterday that no one was paying much attention to me!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    AWESOME! I go to a very small gym and was just telling a friend of mine that I dont go to bigger gyms that might hve better equipment because I dont like people mocking or staring at the fat kid in the gym... SO GOOD FOR YOU! YOU GO GIRL!

I go to a World Gym. It's a lot larger than it looked on the outside, LMAO!
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    So proud of you! Sometimes the gym is so intimidating. I just go, do my thing and get out of there!

Happy gymming to you Sweets!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well done nothing is ever as difficult as the first step you have done it now and keep going very very proud of you:smile:
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    So proud of you! Sometimes the gym is so intimidating. I just go, do my thing and get out of there!

Happy gymming to you Sweets!

Thank you! I think the idea of the gym was what intimidated me the most! Hopefully everything continues the same way it did yesterday!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    well done nothing is ever as difficult as the first step you have done it now and keep going very very proud of you:smile:

Thank you!
  • settoloki
    settoloki Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take the classes in the gym, boxercise, power hour etc - it's fairly daunting being the only bloke in these lessons, and on my own at that - but I do it anyway, I enjoy it and feel great afterwards.

Glad you saw the light - don't worry what others think, there is only one person on this planet you need to impress and that's you! once you've done that you've cracked it! and yuo sound well on your way :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I take the classes in the gym, boxercise, power hour etc - it's fairly daunting being the only bloke in these lessons, and on my own at that - but I do it anyway, I enjoy it and feel great afterwards.

Glad you saw the light - don't worry what others think, there is only one person on this planet you need to impress and that's you! once you've done that you've cracked it! and yuo sound well on your way :)

If you're enjoying what you're doing and it makes you feel healthier, that's awesome! I don't know about signing up for classes yet but I'll probably work up to it!

I'm taking my kids to a kid's group there on Wednesday! I get 1/2 an hour to work out while they go play LOL!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on overcoming your fears!!! That is an awesome NSV!!!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is a GIANT step - good for you. Enjoy your time at the gym - there are probably people in there who are just as scared as you were & it may be their first day! Wonderful inspiration.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!