NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: Gym checked off this AM at 6. This was my first week on MFP and really pleased so far. I tracked every day. I walked every day for 60+ minutes. The first week weight loss was a success and now onto week 2. I'm fixing some foods this weekend to prepare me for the week ahead. The posts this week have been great and I've enjoyed learning from so many. Keep the knowledge coming!!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Good evening, adding to the length of this thread I just have to make a couple of comments, first Christine you know how I feel about what happened today. I won't repeat.

@naceto - OUCH!! I hope that shot helps but the thought of it just makes me think OUCH!

On another topic---I love spaghetti squash and I'm a one person household so I buy the very smallest one I can find and then I eat half one day and half the second day. With a small one that isn't too many servings and I don't really try that hard to dig every bit loose. BUT I've switched over from spaghetti squash to Nooodles (brand name) Shirataki Noodles---zero calories. If I'm starving, I can prepare and eat the entire package with some unsalted tomato sauce and a few mushrooms and some onion if I have it.

Every once in a while I buy ground turkey and make meatballs but hardly ever. I really do not buy meat. Guess I'd rather spend my money on frozen fruit and a few fresh veggies. Anyway, turkey meatballs are great with the noodles and sauce.

So when do I ever actually talk about food? What the heck is the deal? I suppose I'm thinking of what I made for lunch today which was another brand---Miracle Noodles in rice form also Shirataki. I made them up and for some reason it tasted terrible and I actually threw the whole mess out. That's virtually unheard of in my house. I think I've flipped!!

May tomorrow be a better day. Really, much better.

Lin
  • debronjon
    debronjon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, well it's Friday and I briskly walked my dog for 40 minutes tonight. My goals are to log on EVERY day!! And do my best to stay under target every day while increasing exercise. Feels good to be here!
  • Tammycbrooks
    Options
    I am a 53 year old woman and I need to loose 100 lbs. I could really use a few friends to help me stay the course. I have tried weight watchers and did good as long as I went but money is tight so I had to stop and gained all that I had lost back. I feel that I have enough knowledge of the program that I can use it and the tools provided here to reach my goal with a little help from some friends. I have five children and the baby, our only girl is getting married on September the 29th. I really hope that I can loose a little weight by then. Please keep me in your prayers on this journey.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @vinsonh42 ~ The excitement you exude in your posts is contagious! Sure does make me upbeat! I'm so glad you get to see your baby sister soon! I loved your cupcake story!

@monarchris ~ This scenario with your son sounds similar to what I experience with my DIL! I've gotten so tired of the drama that I've started putting my phone on silent and check it only every few hours. The problem with that is, sometimes I miss texts from my daughter whom I truly love to hear from! If it's anything at all like with my DIL, your son will come around when he needs something from you! But, man oh man, why they can't see what all you do for them and appreciate you for that IDK!

@HeatheraRyan ~ so glad your bf has taken the step to improve his health. This should make it a little easier for you!

@skinnyjeans ~ thanks for your kind comment making me feel welcome in this forum.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    As for the 5K, I usually do 3 miles on the treadmill at a speed between 3.7 and 4.0.

Holy ********************! I'm impressed - I think I'd have a stroke!
    I'm only up to about a mile, and can't really go over 2.7 (but I do bump the incline up to about 6-12 for 5 minutes too)

Friday fitness --- the best I can say is I'm still fighting the good fight.....
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Good Evening One-Derful Pals...

Friday Fitness Goal - to try to get through the first song on the Richard Simmons DVD by the end of next week (when I tried it, I couldn't even make it through the first 2 minutes of the song)

Weekend Eating Plan - to log every morsel I put in my mouth, no matter how ugly it might look in the food diary for Saturday and to spend some time on Saturday planning out my meals for Sunday through Friday of next week

Blessings to all, and Good Night :yawn:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@monarchris-- I just don't know what to say but sorry, It does make me really mad at your son.
    @Lin I have never had Spagetti Squash I may get brave and try it. I have heard good things about those noodles, Do you buy them at a health food store? and thanks it is hard using my phone but I am determine to say connect, Yes I hope that I am able to get a new laptop soon.
    @Robin thanks for the good advice on not allowing the weekend be a free for all.

Today was a good day I am very happy its Friday. Friday Fitness: walk my dog Bella Jo for 30minutes. I am excited about tomorrow a friend invite me to join her as a guest at the . So looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a good night. Take care
    Liz
  • pg303030
    pg303030 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my sodium.I hold alot of fluid.And i have over 100 lbs to lose :(I cannot do much as far as exercising.Any suggestions?
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness::: Well it's also an NSV!!!! I wasn't going to have time to workout today. But husband and I and sister in law ended up going to DQ for dinner. I got the grilled chicken sandwich but ended up getting ice cream too. I was -238 calories. So after we got home my sister in law and I went for a 1 1/2walk and even jogged some as well!!!! Burned 780 calories!!!!! So definitely made up for it and made myself feel better too! And I did some jogging! Feel SO much better!!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday!!!!

Tina
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my sodium.I hold alot of fluid.And i have over 100 lbs to lose :(I cannot do much as far as exercising.Any suggestions?
    [/q

Logging my food and using this forum has been successful for me and the people here are wonderfully supportive. I have just now been able to walk 30 minutes at a slow pace, but any movement is better than nothing. Hang around!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, I'm over being upset, just praying someday he will mature. Even though I got upset, I was able to not eat over it which is what I would have done in the past. I'm finally able to set some boundaries over what I will take from people and not eat my anger. Hope everyone gets a good night sleep. Blessings to all.

Christine
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, I'm over being upset, just praying someday he will mature. Even though I got upset, I was able to not eat over it which is what I would have done in the past. I'm finally able to set some boundaries over what I will take from people and not eat my anger. Hope everyone gets a good night sleep. Blessings to all.

Christine

I think this sounds like the best NSV ever! :D
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tina--great NSV--glad you got to do a little bit of running!

@pg--start by weighing your portions and logging all of your food. When you feel ready, there are a lot of exercises you can try--walking (even if it's very slowly for a very short period of time) can be a good way to start. If your weight prohibits walking, try searching youtube for low-impact chair workouts--any kind of movement will be good for you and help you build strength and endurance.

@auntievava--great goals! I've never tried the RS videos, but based on his crazy-hyper personality, I bet they are very challenging! You have the right idea--build up a few minutes each week, and pretty soon you will be doing the entire video!

@lin--I'm going to have to check out those Nooodles--really, zero calories? :noway: what are they made of?

@susan--glad your 1st week was a success! :drinker:

@nicole--hope your hip heals quickly! :flowerforyou:

@andrea--the obstacle 5k I did in June was just like that--you could skip any obstacles that were too challenging. My friends and I actually did them all, but it wasn't pretty!! :laugh: My tip for you is to wear your hair in a low ponytail--down by your neck. Otherwise, it will get caught in the cargo nets as you try to crawl under.

@chris--I don't know if spaghetti squash can be frozen, but mine usually keeps in the fridge for a couple of days. My DH won't eat it, so it's all for me (yum) and I rarely have any waste. Oh, and I have nothing new to ad about your son's behavior, so (((hugs))).

@heather--though I :heart: spaghetti squash, I agree with mymowmow--it's NOT a replica for noodles--way different texture and it tastes like squash (I guess b/c it is :wink: ). I think quinoa is much closer to pasta as a healthy replacement. It's still a different texture, but since it has almost no flavor of its own, all you taste is the sauce. I highly recommend you try it at a future recipe party.

@vinsonh--glad your sis is coming home--it will be nice for you to have her as support! I often eat my exercise calories before I exercise, but if I end up working out really late in the evening, I will just eat them the next day--just an idea...

@helen--sorry you didn't make it to St. Zach's--me neither :sad: Worst part is, I have some friends who are there posting pics on FB and it's making me jealous! :ohwell:

@cath--I head back to the classroom a week from next Wed. so I will also have to adjust my workout schedule. Last year, I found it hard to work out after school unless I immediately came home, changed into my work out clothes, and headed out the door. If I sit down to relax for even a minute, I lose all motivation. :yawn: Luckily, my dog expects a walk right away, so he helps motivate me.

@toots--My grandparents and most of our extended family lived in Detroit area, but we have some distant relatives still in Mexico. I know they are from just outside of Mexico City, but I forget the name of the town. I've never been there to visit. The one time my mother went, she took my little sister but I was busy at college, so I couldn't go.

@holly--I'm afraid to ask, but any luck on the house hunt? If not, what is your back-up plan--isn't your deadline this week? Crossing my fingers that it all falls into place!

@tungsten--Thanks! I started c25k last summer--I think I was around 235 lbs--and, yes, it really was hard, but I managed by running slower than most people walk. :blushing: Once I could run for 40 minutes straight I started working on my speed. I'm still slow, but getting to a "respectable" pace.

@doug--you're right about the weight and your speed struggles. I've read so much about how even a small weight loss has a huge impact on running speed and have seen the results on my own pace. When I started running I was so slow, but I took off 30 lbs during that 1st 6 months of running and my speed improved pretty quickly and with little real "speed work" on my part. Since Jan. I've only lost a few more pounds and my speed has remained relatively stable--slightly better, but I've had to REALLY work for that increase in pace b/c my weight just isn't dropping as quickly.

Ok--I know I've missed responding to a lot of you, but it's getting late so I'm gonna wrap this up! Welcome to the new folks!! :flowerforyou:

Friday Fitness:
    Watched my niece today so no workout--just a quick walk with the dog tonight. Tomorrow, I will run or mow the lawn or both (depends on how early I awaken). I plan to go to the gym again on Sunday. Starting to get anxious about school starting and the impact that will have on my workout schedule.

One possibly good piece of news: Our "welcome back" letter from the superintendent mentioned that there will be reps from a local Crossfit facility gauging faculty interest in on-site, after school fitness classes for a fee. I'm mildly interested in Crossfit--the people who participate are in awesome shape, but I've heard some talk that it's kind of "cult-ish." Anyone have any experience or knowledge about it?

Finally, I was really excited to watch the Bears exhibition game last night! I know we got our *kitten* handed to us by the Broncos, but one of my former students is now a Chicago Bear. He's #4, Matt Blanchard, and they let him quarterback a bit last night--he was playing when the Bears scored their only 3 pts of the game, so I'm very proud of him!
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a 29 year-old single mother of three, and a student (studying teaching). I joined MFP back in January, but fell flat on my face and gained more weight. I need to lose at least 122lb. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I need some more cheerleaders ;)

I'm going to jump in with my goals.
    Nutrition: drink 750ml of water a day (will work myself up to more after this month).
    Exercise: walk 30 minutes each day.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I know Hungry Girl always talks about the Shirataki Noodles. I haven't tried them yet, but anyone that has what are the tricks to fixing them without getting mushy. Just curious.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of pages, for the three or four days I was spending on RL instead of here! Miss you all when I'm gone, though.

Friday Fitness: did my YAYOG workout today. You wouldn't think that the simple exercise of jumping up from a crouch would kick your *kitten*, or at least I wouldn't. But I would be wrong. Two more YAYOG workouts for the week, so I'm behind. Tomorrow will be "pull" workouts, then "core". These are tough, too. I like what someone said about your body not knowing it's a weekend, too. Gonna have to roll that around in my brain for a while.

To Genesis, people are very cautious about mentioning weight. Now that I'm nearly 60 lbs down, people do ask about it. But they seemed uncomfortable mentioning it for the first 30 or so.

Okay, it's getting late and I'm really sleepy. Will check in tomorrow, I hope!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Want you to know I've read everyone's comments and am with you all in spirit, in compassion for those that are hurting, in joy for those that have had some great days. :flowerforyou:

My Sat. Successes - well I'm not running around like an Olympian with an American flag draped over my shoulders, but I did swim twice this week, 3 days apart. For me this is a big accomplishment and I plan on swimming again on Sunday. Working up to 3 x week for my August challenge. My muscles are sore and with my arthritis, just takes a while to recover. I am on a regimen of meds for it, but it does feel so nice to slip into the water each time. I know the soreness will go away the more I build up my muscles, this is just a case of being soooo out of shape! (A little Thurs truth thrown in).

As for my other challenge, I've eaten veggies EVERY day.
  • SaniD
    SaniD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I think one more week at my current exercise rate, and I can begin increasing at regular intervals.

Saturday success: I posted a weight loss this week even though my dinner choice was dismal last night. I was on calorie, but it was totally unnecessary food!
  • MadMooseGirl
    Options
    Hello, thought I would join in also... goal for exercise this month is to get back into the swimming pool! :tongue: