How soon is too soon?

Options
124»

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Who cares how long they've been together? And how does it affect you? Hell, if they can have a little bit of happiness, even if it's temporary, why would you want to talk her out of it?

So many people talk about how people say "love" easily. But there are so many degrees to love, who's to say whether what they're feeling is or isn't?

I love my boyfriend, I love my MFPeeps, I love cheese. All are completely true, and completely different.

Leave em be.

Love this ; ) totally agree, many different levels of love.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It was about 7 weeks for us. I cannot speak for her, but I love her more and more each day and cannot even imagine my life without her.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their love, beautiful thread regardless of the opinion of the beginning. I'm all for sappy **** n I got alot of smiles outta this thread but decided not to spam it up commenting on everyone that made me smile. So now, as I resist going and snuggling up with my late night worker thanks everyone. :)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    1 month and it lasted 3 years.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I told my wife I loved her on our second date. I proposed on the third. We're going to Vegas on Friday to celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

I wish I had told her on my first date and married her on my second. I'm still very much in love with her.

Gah, this is too adorable!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It was about 7 weeks for us. I cannot speak for her, but I love her more and more each day and cannot even imagine my life without her.
    ^^This man also wins at life.

OP...not so much.
  • mryan54
    mryan54 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love each and every one of you! :-D ...seriously.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Doesn't count! :)
    Did you love your daughter the moment you laid eyes on her or did it take 6 months?
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Cutest. Thing. Ever.
    I told my wife I loved her on our second date. I proposed on the third. We're going to Vegas on Friday to celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

I wish I had told her on my first date and married her on my second. I'm still very much in love with her.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    depends on whether carnal pleasures have taken place. but I always say use the words within 7 years of meeting a woman.

lmao! too funny
  • DominiqueSmall
    Options
    If you really love someone, it is never too soon (or too late) to tell them. When it comes to love, the greatest gift of all, there is never a wrong time for the truth.

awwwww
  • DominiqueSmall
    Options
    three months for me. I have found as I have gotten older that love is a choice my heart makes. When my heart chooses a man that's all there is to it. I can't undo it, change it, forget it. let go of it. I just love him with all my heart.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It's really your friend's business what she does in her life. Just because you can't say you love your boyfriend doesn't mean she can't. I fell in love with my husband the minute I saw his goofy photo online in 2006. It didn't take long that we said we love eachother. We dated for almost 2 years before we got married.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Awwwww!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that infatuation may last up to 5 months. In my opinion, about half a year is enough to have seen most sides of a person and really know.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I said "I love you" to my current bf after only three weeks of dating. Actually it slipped out. I called him a dork or something and he goes "why did you call me a dork" and my response was "you're a dirk because I love you". I immediately started blushing and I covered my mouth. He gave me a hard time and was like "awe you
    Love me I knew you'd say it first" I was embarrassed bc I didn't mean to say it but as I thought about it I knew I meant it. The next night we were watching tv and he leaned over and whispered I love you too in my ear. I was afraid i was imagining things so u didn't say anything back. And finally the next night laying in bed I said I love u to him and he said it back. We are one if those couples that have pretty much been inseparable since our first date. Most people think we have moved way to fast. But I mean who is to but a time scale on these things. Only we know what's in our hearts and our heads.

I could have written this--not how it was said but the pace/feelings/and how others MIGHT perceive it. I don't care though. I love him and he loves me and I know it's the FOREVER kind of love because I'd do ANYTHING to make him happy.