your thoughts on the 30 day shred.

Options

Replies

• Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 30DS video. I completed it when I first started my journey, and it helped me tone up and get in a routine. I like that it was only about 25 minutes a day, and I was able to see great results. I now cycle through several of her other DVDs, and I jog and walk along with them and I am still seeing results. It does get a little boring, but you can do almost anything for less than 30 minutes a day, right?

Good luck dear :flowerforyou:
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have done it twice and gotten great results! More inches lost, than pounds, so make sure you measure...don't just go by the scale. I also did Ripped in 30, and it's awesome too. I use a HRM and I burn from 260-310 calories, depending on my effort. Good luck, and have fun with it!!
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I.m on day 5 and am really enjoying it as it's not too long ( I get bored with the hour long DVD';s) I can see and feel a difference and I am 5'9" 168lbs and according to my HRM I burn 300 cals! I also like walking so do both...I would definately recommend it especially if you have a busy lifestyle!!
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three and I can say that so far, so good! It's easy enough but it definitely challenges this humble beginner! 20 minutes is doable, and I think it's great. I will say that I think that other exercise is in order as well as the tape, but I believe it is well worth it (now if they would just make a magic cure for sore muscles)!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for the past few days and I like it. I'm sure there are better workouts for people with a more advanced level of fitness than mine, but for me it's great. I'm not very fit and I have weak muscle tone, and I want to get stronger. I was doing various weight exercises at the gym, but the 30-day shred is working muscles I hadn't been working, and I feel fitter and stronger as a result. It's also easy to incorporate into one's lifestyle - it only takes 20 minutes, you can do it at home, you can access it free on youtube. Also, with a video guiding me I'm more likely to keep going than if I'm at the gym - at the gym, if I get tired, I stop, and there's no one telling me to keep going. It's easier to switch off mentally and just keep going with a guided workout.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love doing the 30 DS. It is great to fit in on those days when you are in a time crunch. This was the first exercise program that I did in many, many years. I was out of shape, really out of shape.

This was a good way for me to get started and it changed the way my body is shaped. I highly recommend it.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've just finished level 1. It took me a while as I was doing other training as well.

I've been doing it in the gym. I start with 25 minutes running on the treadmill then move onto the mat and do the 3, 2, 1 routine - doing her resistance and abs and for the 2 minutes cardio in between I jump on the rower.

In that hour I burn about 450 calories. ( I'm 5' 6" and currently 138lbs)

I've just done the first one of level 2 at home in 26 minutes and 138 calories. Once I've done it a couple more times to familiarise myself I'll do that in the gym too.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    It gets soooo boring
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    Assuming it is similar to any other fad exercise program better results can be gotten from heavy lifting and proper eating. Plain ole run of the mill cardio optional.
    yes, but we women like to be entertained and inspired as we work out; we need more than just a daily grind program :smile:
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    everyone i know loved it.. i hated it. doing the same exact workout everyday is just not something i like to do. it got boring and i started to dread it way too much.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts :D...

1. Jillian MIchael's is ok and so is the 30DS. I'm halfway through it right now. I do LEVELS 1 AND 2 back to back with no rest, so I am doing a 40+ minute workout, not a 20 minute workout. As a non-beginner, that's WAY better for me. Soon I'm going to switch to doing levels 2 and 3 (and maybe someday 1, 2, and 3... muahhahaha!)

2. Billy Blanks is WAY better. I find Jillian a little annoying, but I'm in love with Billy Blanks. Shelley (his daughter and assistant) is annoying, but I just just to ignore her. With Billy Blanks, you get a more varied routine and burn more calories, but you have to put in more time as well...

3. Don't listen to people who say "Working out with videos is lame; go to the gym!". I prefer vids because they keep me going at a certain pace, they tell me EXACTLY what to do, and they remind me about perfect form constantly. Plus, you don't have to have a gym membership. I do have one (it's in my neighborhood), so I use the gym as well, but much less frequently and to do stuff like running on the treadmill (again, it keeps up my pace unlike running outside).

You can find 30DS on YouTube, so you could always check it out before buying your own copy.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Assuming it is similar to any other fad exercise program better results can be gotten from heavy lifting and proper eating. Plain ole run of the mill cardio optional.

Why would you reply to this if you've never even done the DVD? I've done it and I've seen results. Not everyone wants to be a heavy lifter and not every one is a gym goer.

I feel fairly confident that it is similar to any other p90 insanity body pump sweatin to the oldies taebo etc so forth ad infinitum. Some sort of overly grueling fad workout that makes people want to throw up that will not be as good at making you look good naked or getting strong as some good old weight lifting and fat loss. I was asked for my thoughts and those are mine. You don't have to agree.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If the 30 day shred gets you to move and notice your body, then it's a good thing. But there's nothing special about it. Hell, I should just come up with the 29 day shred, which will package together standard routines in an over-priced DVD. And I'll claim the SAME results but sooner by ONE full day.
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am about to start the last level of 30DS. I have today adn tomorrow left on level two. So far I have lost tons of inches but not really too much weight. HOwever I am back into my pre prego size so I have dropped quite a bit of inches. A total of 16 of my entire body with about 2-3 inches each in chest wasit hips thigs and arms! I love the workout because I am a working mother and my husband has a job that sometimes requires long hours leaving me on baby duty alone after a long day at work. It takes 20 minutes and you definitely can tell it works. I am usually dripping in sweat and some muscles burning by the time it is over and I am not in the worst shape. I too am just starting on my weight loss journey and I plan on completing this and then doing ripped in 30 and couch to 5k next!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I keep starting it, but I get bored with workouts so easily, so I always stopped. It's something you have to do everyday in order to get the results you want. I tried everything in my power to make it less boring: music, incorporating other workouts into it, alternating between workouts, etc. It never worked out for me, so this time I'm just going to do it. Just do it for 30 days straight no matter what. It's only 30 mins out of my day. I've seen people have great results with it. I think you can get the maximum results if you eat clean and incorporate intensive cardio along with it. (example: running/walking in the morning then JM in the evening).
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I finished The Butt Bible Workout Program last week and started The 30 Day Shred Monday. I like it thus far and think that it will give me some good results.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I alternate 30DS with other activities e.g. stairmaster at the gym/running at high school track/ walking treadmill at home with 3lb weights for 30 min.

love 30DS 20 minutes hard work and your done. When I am crunched for time I prefer this.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OP, I've done it. It works. Now, if you listen to Jillian it can get a little old but I wasn't in it for entertainment....I was in it to work hard. If that's your outlook, you will see results. But are you willing to give it your all?

Here are my results from 30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30 right after. Don't forget to eat clean because that's most of it....no amount of exercise will compensate for bad eating....

Ripped-In-30-Day17-results-01.gif
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped 30DS a few times, just b/c I wasn't 100% committed. This time around I am more committed and am on L1 D5. My only complaint is that I don't feel sore the next day, not even with the lunges and squats. Aside from that I like the workout, and am looking forward to moving onto L2 where I can hopefully feel it the next day.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone that claims that "workout videos" don't work obviously hasn't given them a go. I finished The Butt Bible Workout and lost 13.5 lbs and inches (with watching calories as well). I don't have the money to pay to go to the gym..just so you know. Everyone can do what they like. ;)