5ft7-5ft8 females whats ur goal?

Options

Replies

• dlangenfeld
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7.5inches and my goal is 130-135. I was there a few years ago and that's the weight I like to be at. My lowest adult weight was 128 and that was a little too low (in my husband's point of view...lol).
  • katymrose
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 155 for now. I haven't been that size in over 11 years, so just getting there will be huge for me. Once there, I will decide if that's what I want to maintain...
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    I'm about 5'7"-5'8", not sure, but anyway.. I've always been kinda big boned, & I've got long legs & arms. My weight spreads all over not just in one area, but I do have a big butt & thighs. Back in 9th grade I was about 140-145 & a size 7/8 or so & everyone said I was too skinny, but then I eventually put the weight back on & after marriage & having my son, I was at my highest of 198. I was too big & having problems with my knees. I'm currently back down to 170, but my next goal is 165, & then maybe 160, depending on how I feel. 160 is at the top of my BMI but I don't want to be a bean-pole again, nor does my husband want me to be either.. plus he doesn't want me to lose my butt & thighs, lol but you just have to see how YOU feel when you get there. If you're not happy, keep going. Don't be set on a certain weight, it's just a number.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, right now I'm at 175, wear a size 12. My goal is to be at approx 150 or size 8. Whichever works best. Of course, I will stop wherever I feel looks and feels best. I was aiming for 140, but I think that would be too skinny for my height.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 42 years old, and my goal is 135--that is what I weighed before my son was born 12 years ago. That puts me solidly in a size 8 and at ~21 BMI. I know I can't go lower than that--for my wedding I weighed 125 and I was miserable--it hurt my bones to sit down! My 25 year high school reunion is next year, and I want to be a hot babe in time for that!
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", 30 years old, have a small frame and my goal is 140-143lbs. It's the easiest for me to maintain. I have been as small as 129-132 but to maintain that weight I have to workout hard 7 days a week and eat pretty low calories. It's not fun. My goal is muscle tone! If I get to 140 and weight keeps coming off with the same level of effort, I will reasses then!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was originally 150 and I got down to 144 but was 'skinny fat' with a BF% of 28%

Started lifting heavy weights and even though my weight hasnt changed much (I avg. 145-148) my body fat is down to 20%

I have a before and after photo in my profile. According to my tailor, I am a true size 8 ;)

BMI chart is such an old calculation (1950s I believe?) and its more of an average for the masses. Ditch the scale and use body fat percentage as your guide :)
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 8 and want to be a size 14 uk, 20 pound to lose. x
  • jazzerstephanie
    Options
    I am 5'8' ish (OK probably 5'9") and my original goal was 130. But I'm having a hard time with as much as I work out maintaining a weight that low. So right now, I'm aiming for 150 and I will see how that suits me. I have got 17 pounds to go, and honestly I am sucking at it. LOL
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", and my ultimate goal weight is 135. Of course I will play it by ear, though. I've been exercising a LOT, so I am a lot more muscular than I used to be. I currently weigh 154, and I wear a 4/6 or XS/S (depending on the store - we're talking US sizes, too). I've weighed less than this once before, and I wore a size 8, so I will say that being muscular makes a HUGE difference in your shape/size and how you fit into clothes. Thus I'd much rather be 145 or 150 and fit than 135 and just skinny.

I'm kind of on hold, though, at the moment, since we are leaving the door open, so to speak, to have another baby, which will be its own challenge as I try to gain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy (and continue to exercise as much as and as safely as possible), and then I'll be working back down again. I am kind of looking forward to the challenge :happy:
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a large frame. My goal weight is 160.
  • asb46
    asb46 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    At age 53, and recently diagnosed type II diabetic, I have a modest goal of 160 pounds.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    I am 5'7 mg goal weight is 130
  • lose2win2016
    Options
    125-130.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am at my goal of 145 (size 6/8 US). You really have to play it by ear, see how you look and feel as you go along, and DO NOT get fixated on a number.

It's crazy how much sizes have changed. I am 5'7" and when I was in high school in 1991-1995, I fluctuated between 120-125 and I wore a size 8/10. I was long and lean too---not shapely.

My goal weight right now would be 150. I'd LIKE to be in the 140's, but I think 150 is a more realistic goal for me.
  • MizzIcy
    MizzIcy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I 5'7" and my goal is 150
  • stephc5
    stephc5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am working towards about 135 to 140 lbs. I just started so I know it will take me awhile to reach this but refuse to give up!!! :)
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    29 years old- currently 195 lbs with an inital goal of 165.

I have been as low as 145- but on my frame I was boney. I carry alot of muscle on my frame.
  • larabell69
    Options
    5'7 and want to be at 145... working my way there one day at a time! :)
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Do you guys factor in age when trying to establish hour goal? I started at 207 at about 167 now. Would love to be 135 again but I just don't know if its even attainable. Anything below 150 I think I would be ok with just don't know.