Options
13»

Replies

• cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    #1 unplanned gained 59 pounds. Lost 20.--Now 28
    #2 planned gained 24 pounds. Lost 12 the day she was born.--Now 25

They were 3 years, 2 weeks, and 42 minutes apart.

Never lost all original baby weight and don't plan to. Was too skinny when I started out. I am now at my goal weight and feel great!
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    Well, with my first daughter I only gained 11lbs and by the time I left the hospital I was actually 20lbs less than what I started. I only gained 2lbs with my second daughter and I left the hospital 30lbs less. BUT I was diabetic and I WAS SO ANAL about what I ate and what went into my mouth. When other lives are involved so directly it's a lot easier to regulate what you eat than when not.

My second daughter was born a month before my eldest daughter's 4th birthday. We wanted another child and started a year after our eldest was born but after about 2 years of trying we assumed I couldn't get pregnant because of the damage done during my first pregnancy (I almost died.) So, we stopped 'trying'. lol Four months later I was pregnant.

Both my daughters were preemie by 6 weeks and the pregnancies were not kind to my body so my doctor insisted that I took measures to keep from getting pregnant again so I got my tubes tied. I agreed with them but I still kind of wish I could have another child. BUT, the great thing about that is that there are thousands of children that need loving homes and maybe when we get our house paid off in a couple of years we can adopt a son.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I got pregnant the first time I had always been very fit and slender and was overly worried I would not gain enough weight and I had the extreme all day morning sickness. When I got to the last trimester I was able to eat more and so I ate very high calorie foods (I was young and thought that was a good idea). It was also summer and very hot, so maybe I was retaining more water (I had more swelling). Two weeks after giving birth I was down 30 pounds from my pregnancy weight. By the time my baby was 9 months old I was back to pre-pregnancy weight from nursing and resuming activity and my regular eating pattern (that was when I noticed it). But, I waited till my baby was almost 2 before getting pregnant again.

The second time I was not worried about the weight gain or about the excessive all day vomiting that lasted the whole pregnancy. I gained a bit less, but I gained the healthy correct amount. I also had to go on bed rest and even though my belly and baby got bigger I actually lost weight on bed rest. Again two weeks after birth I was down 20 pounds, and was at a healthy weight (I was 10 pounds lighter than the first time). I was fit and back to pre-pregnancy weight when my baby was 7 months old. It required more effort to recover my abdominal strength the second time around.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, all of which are 2 1/2 years apart.....the first and second were surprises, the third one we tried to plan but it took longer than we anticipated. I gained 45 pounds with the first and lost on average around 40 pounds with the second and third (was pretty big so it didn't matter that I lost) all kids were born healthy.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    We waited about a year and a half. Our two boys are 2 years, 2 months and 2 days apart (not planned!)

I gained only 17 pounds with the first (thanks to extreme nausea) and about 25 with my second. Ironically, my first born was nearly 10 pounds, and the second was just over 8.

Now, our boys are 7 and almost 5. We will be adding to the family in the next year or so.

Edited to add: The 2 years, 2 months, 2 day thing was not planned, but our second son was.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I waited over 5 years becuase ..well, I thought it might be better to be married the next time around :tongue:

I was in fantastic shape when I got pregnant with #2 and ended up gaining 70 pounds!

ETA, yes she was 100% planned

How did your body bounce back AFTER your 70lb pregnancy? are you back in the wonderful shape you were before?

It took over a year, a big interstate move (I always tend to lose weight when I move due to all the activity & stress) and a lot of swimming.(Had a huge pool in new place) I regained string bikini status when she was about 13 months old.

oH MAN, I would LOVE to be able to do that. Did you get stretch marks?
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Uh
    I found out on daughters first birthday.

I had gained about 60lbs with her. So yeah..... I still had most of that.
    But with my son I gained just enough. I was very careful about eating and whatnot.

I gained 65 w/ my son. He is 15 months now, and the hubby is talking another? The thought is exciting somewhat but we are nowhere near financialloy ready for another. And I want to be in better shape and be more careful and not gain as much.

how much did you gain with number 2?
    Like 21 lbs?

Did you feel much better with your 2nd pregnancy?
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Once the first one was out and I counted 10 toes and fingers I made an appointment to get sniped.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I waited over 5 years becuase ..well, I thought it might be better to be married the next time around :tongue:

I was in fantastic shape when I got pregnant with #2 and ended up gaining 70 pounds!

ETA, yes she was 100% planned

How did your body bounce back AFTER your 70lb pregnancy? are you back in the wonderful shape you were before?

It took over a year, a big interstate move (I always tend to lose weight when I move due to all the activity & stress) and a lot of swimming.(Had a huge pool in new place) I regained string bikini status when she was about 13 months old.

oH MAN, I would LOVE to be able to do that. Did you get stretch marks?

A few but they are very thin & light...I was VERY lucky! Especially since I had four in total! lol I wish I could say that I'm still in that string bikini state but now it's more of a boy cut bikini LOL
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Still working on that one. Despite not being at our financial goals yet, I would definitely like to drop at least 40 pounds before conception. I was very lucky that I didn't get GD or pre-e during my pregnancy, as I was certainly at risk.

Since I will possibly be of "advanced maternal age" in my next pregnancy, I want to at least get my body in better shape first. (oh, and it's been nearly 3 years)