Question for the daily weighers

Options
Yes, I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day. But I do. So I was curious, do you log your weight each day or do you only log it once a week? I log it most days.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (sometimes multiple times just out of curiosity) but only log it once a week.

Nothing wrong with logging every day IMHO - if nothing else, it shows a trend of all the ups and downs from water weight, etc.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh and log everyday, but have recently started just logging about 1x weekly, still weighing pretty much every day.
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I use a phone app called Libra that plots a graceful moving average through the daily data and predicts when you'll get to goal and what your deficit is running at.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    weigh and log almost daily.
    once a week, I'll check BF%
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight when their is a loss, I used to log it every day but it confuses everyone but me so now I only log if I lose
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log every day, but I turned off notifications so my roller coaster wouldn't show up in my feed :)
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. While sometimes its painful to see weight go up it is really good to see the long term data and better understand how our weight fluctuates even when we are losing fat.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, log daily, check BMR & BMI daily and adjust goals accordingly.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I weight every day. In fact, a couple of times a day. I only log a weight change when it's been down a few days in a row.

I have an old spring scale that wiggles when I move my feet so it's not too reliable. So I don't obsess. I simply find it interesting - I'm a data junkie.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day I'm at home. If I'm out of town, I don't weigh because I want to use the same scale for consistency. This gives me a pretty good idea of what my natural fluctuations are and when I'm slipping up.
  • hayatiggs
    hayatiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself every few days, but I usually can't help myself. I only log when there is loss, so that it's not changing all the time.
  • kellyg891
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.

I do this too. Unless it was like last week and a 3 lb gain. I logged that. Still not sure what was up with that crazy jump over the course of about 3 days. :/
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    This may be bad, but I only officially log it if it goes down. Then if it ends up going back up, I just leave it alone until it goes down again. Now if for instance it goes up and stays up for a while, or it goes up a lot, then I log it and try to figure out why it is going up. But yeah, I end up logging about twice a week probably...
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day I am at home, then log most days, if it goes up I do not obcess about it but it helps me be aware.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been weighing daily (I got a new scale).

I do log it if I lost at least a pound of weight.
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log once a week!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I only record Monday morning's weight. The rest of the time I'm just watching the trend. Nothing wrong with weighing every day if you accept that you're going to see fluctuations.
  • rockbass
    rockbass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh same time, every day. It helps me to see trends in my eating habits, provides insight into how my body holds on to certain types of food, and also shows me any negative trends that might be occurring.

It's also helped me to understand what activities cause more weight loss, and to understand that I can gain a pound in a day and not freak out, since it's usually water retention, etc.
  • Couponqueenren
    Couponqueenren Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday using the Aria scale from Fitbit. I like seeing the change in Body Fat even if I weigh the same or even go up. Shows that my workouts are effective :smile: