Question for the daily weighers

Options

Replies

• drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I only log it if there's a change.
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and I keep a log off MFP. I can put it in a graph and its really told me a lot of about how I lose weight. I only log it on MFP if its over a certain amount that now I see thats a real loss for me.
  • skinny4eva2
    Options
    Every day! I want to see the line on the chart :)
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single morning; however my “official weigh in” day is Sat. Morning.
    I know most people frown on weighing daily but I find it keeps me on track and mindful. So far so good.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but only log it on Saturdays.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I log a loss if it has been that way for 2 (or more) days so it's less likely to be a fluke.
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only log when I lose.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day and log when I hit a new low that sticks for a few days. I'm up and down quite a bit, and it's really interesting to see.
  • LisaGore1
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.
    yep this!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log everyday, but I have a spread sheet on the side where I track rolling monthly average. That's the only number I really care about.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.
    This :-)
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This may be bad, but I only officially log it if it goes down. Then if it ends up going back up, I just leave it alone until it goes down again. Now if for instance it goes up and stays up for a while, or it goes up a lot, then I log it and try to figure out why it is going up. But yeah, I end up logging about twice a week probably...

This.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only log when there is a loss.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every Friday! It works for me and if I weigh myself too much I get obsessed and weigh myself a million times a day! It gives me a little motivation knowing i will weigh in Friday morning and I want to see a smaller #, so I work my a** off all week to see it.
  • vjt1976
    vjt1976 Posts: 43
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (naked of course) and will usually weigh myself before bed. I only log it from my morning weigh in if I've lost any weight. Otherwise I keep a mental note that I need to exercise a little more :)
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day for one simple reason: A person's weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds a day, and I'd hate to weigh myself just once a week, have it be one of those "fluctuating" days, and not have a true idea of where I am. By weighing myself every day, have a more accurate picture of where I am. Those daily fluctuations don't bother me so much because I know they're just that...daily fluctuations.

I used to log my weight every day, but stopped because of all the "Way to go!" posts. I mean, if I went up two one day, then down a pound the next day, I was getting all kindsa congratulations for actually gaining weight. :) I switched to once a week at that point for logging.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a day, just after I wake up.
    Log once a day, up and downs.
    Check BF % once a week.
    Log measurements once a week.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day but I don't log it on MFP unless it is a loss....I use a great site to put my weight in everday and see what my trends are....You can also put notes in there if you want on what was going on that day to cause the gain or loss such as, TOM, too much sodium, etc.

https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, and I keep track of it in a separate spreadsheet along with most of the parameters I track here. Helps me to look at the trends over time, compare fluctuations with macros, types of workouts etc. I have OCD though, this type of tracking may drive a regular person crazy!

Whew! Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Trinityblade24
    Trinityblade24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, then average the numbers at the end of the week.