bump
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas - Thanks!
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use them in place of meat - they're amazing in a curry and soak up lots of flavour. Peel and dice the sweet potato into small 1cm chunks. Make your sauce as usual (or open a jar) and throw them in. You'll probably need to add a little water if your sauce is too thick and once they're soft it's ready! If you would like the recipe just message me and i'll send it across x
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    bump for later: could use all tips. I love sweet potatoes and butter nut squash. I figure I can pretty much do the same with each.

I just took two butter nut squash from last season, cut them in half, gut the seeds out. Cook at 450 for 45, cut side down. Then I mash it, add pumpkin spice or, cinnamon and net meg. yummy yummy.

I like the ideas of adding them to stew etc...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    wash, cut into 2-3 inch pieces and add your choice of seasoning. Roast until done.

Basically anything you can do with a white potato or red potato, you can do with a sweet potato.
  • rhart150
    rhart150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a cold soup out of them. I just follow a punkin soup receipe. Can eat hot as well.

I also love them baked in the skin and I put on my favorite fat free vinagerette.

Almost anything you can do with winter squash you can do with Sweet potatoes/ Yams.
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes! I roast mine in the oven with fresh rosemary, garlic, fresh black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

Cut your sweet potatoes into chunks (about 2")
    Drizzle olive oil over them (just to lightly coat)
    Sprinkle on a pinch of fresh black pepper,
    Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and 3 or 4 cloves of garlic.

Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
    This sounds really good! We actually have a nice rosemary plant in our garden but don't have many recipes to use it in. I'm filing this away... Thanks!
  • latinlady435
    latinlady435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas