Demon drink - what do you do about alcohol?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• futuresizeeight
    Options
    Moderation! I do find that when I drink at all, I usually have a small weight gain the following day though.

Wine is my favorite thing to drink, but sometimes it pains me to use all those calories on it...clear spirits are much lower in calories, so I have those more often when I do choose to drink now.

I drink probably once every couple of weeks.
  • minimomma74
    Options
    I have a drink or two a week, a diet coke with rum, ultra light beer, or shot of tequila. I do stay away from carby drinks with excessive sugar like margaritas, rum runners and such...
  • CountryCorgi
    CountryCorgi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a wine kind of girl, but I've toned it down within the last few months for two reasons:

A: I'm more aware and educated of the things I put into my body, alcohol is a pointless calorie hog.
    B: My alcohol tolerance has shot to heck since I've lost weight (25 lbs lost before joining MFP)

But on Saturday & Sunday night I do love to have my glass or two!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I made the decision to give up alcohol earlier in the year so I hadn't been drinking for over half a year before I started. So I am glad that I didn't have to make that change as well at the same time. I think it can be hard taking on a lot of changes all at once and I would be more likely to fail.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments about demon drink. Tonight will be my fourth night without a drink (or cigarette), so now it's possible to make 1,200 calories a day without almost half of them coming from wine.:drinker: