I may go on Dr Oz!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on being chosen.

That being said, I'm appalled that they are going to use you as a guinea pig for testing and not compensate you for it. It's your dime to get there, your dime to stay there, and your dime taking time off work for it. The compensation is getting some green caffeine pill? Or maybe not? Getting yourself of tv as the cameras pan the audience? Or maybe not?

If you can afford the time off and really want to go and spend your hard earned money on a flight and overnight accommodations, have a great time, if that is what you want to do.

Personally, I would stay put. He's looking for a free clinical trial, so he can attach his name to the next up and coming diet fad.

Just my opinion, but that is what you asked for. :wink:
  • bronnibee
    Options
    imagesCAYQMYGL.jpg

LMAO :laugh:
  • twonkieone
    Options
    totally messed up how i wanted to reply but "icequeen" whose name i totally forgot how to spell - THANK YOU! i liked your reply because you honored that i was excited to be chosen but explained the errors .... i'm obviously not sold --- has been a week and i've not filled out the paperwork. think i got caught up in the excitement of the process ..... I DECIDED NOT TO GO --- as one person put it "I WOULD NOT CHOSE THIS FOR MY VACATION!!!!!"

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
  • twonkieone
    Options
    YOU CONVINCED ME TO NOT GO --- MFP MEMBER ARE ROCK STARS!!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    imagesCAYQMYGL.jpg

^ This.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    I like to watch him. If anything it gets me thinking about my health.
    It would be cool to be part of something and go on the show....
    A tough decision...
    Your students need you more......Those first early weeks of school are important!
    Good luck!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I agree.....I don't care for Dr. Oz but going on a live show is always fun....granted...I wouldn't want to try anything he's pushing. Fact is you can get the same thing in the stores....and it isn't cheap to fly right now. Kinda sucks.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If you have to pay your own way it's not worth it.
    You can get green tea supplements anywhere.
    Pretty sure if you took off within the first couple weeks to be on Dr. Oz & your principal saw that, he/she wouldn't be too thrilled either.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Are you still going to be using MFP while doing this study? If so, your results will not be valid as any weightloss will likely be due to your calorie deficit, not the pills.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you see him, can you give him à swift kick in the balls?

Thank you

for me too please! all he does is spread hypochondria!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    imagesCAYQMYGL.jpg
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    ok haters - not saying i'm in love w/ the man...but the experience might be kinda neat. :wink:

^That's exactly what I thought when I read it.
    Who cares if you like him or not, how often do you get to travel and go on television!?
    I'd do it for the experience of it all.
    On the other hand, I find it kinda lame that your travel expenses wouldn't be paid. :(
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    That's pretty cool that you were chosen to see the woo meister!

With that being said, I think the kiddos need you more than Dr. Oz! I live 20 minutes from Manhattan, and let me tell you, it's not a cheap stay...at ALL. My MIL lives in the city, and for the love of all things good, it is a JOB to deal with Manhattan. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's alotta city. It's very, very expensive. I wouldn't care if he were handing out golden tickets; that's a trip you need to plan for if you are not within driving distance, especially if it's your first time.

Nooow I understand why everyone is from the local area! Who the heck wants to pay all that money?? Now it makes sense.