question for the ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like kettle corn with just a little bit of salt on it.
  • elvinprincess_9
    elvinprincess_9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    shapers salt and sweet popcorn from boots, 89 calories a bag. my fave new low cal food! x
  • jessicabailey529
    jessicabailey529 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Special K makes these 90 calories bars that are pretzel and chocolate. So they're sweet and salty and let me tell you they are delicious!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Rule # 1 for cravings is to really think about what it is that you want and find something that will satisfy it. If you just starting eating whatever's handy, it won't calm the cravings and you'll end up cleaning out your cupboards.

I'm not much of a salty craver but when it does hit, I either eat pretzel sticks or those 100 cal snack bags of butter popcorn.

For me, chocolate is the big deal and the darker it is, the happier I am. I buy a bag of the Ghiradelli 86% cacoa individually wrapped squares. They're 60 calories each and I make sure to really savor them. Usually one will do but I've been known to eat 3 or 4 on a bad craving day. There are also a lot of snack bars and protein bars out there that are chocolate flavored. A lot of folks like those Fiber One treats but I'm not a fan... I'd rather go with the new Nature Valley protein bars or Kashi bars.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    skinny cow products.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate
  • stacey_mntx
    stacey_mntx Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They have dark chocolate with sea salt in it... It's godiva chocolate. I love it, I have 2 squares(100 cals, 6g fat, 51mg sodium, 8g sugar, 10g carbs) when I have that salty sweet craving when aunt flo is visiting lol.

I second this... They are out of this world!!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I am the exact same way! My favorite is kettle cooked sea salt & vinegar chips. I can't even have those in the house because I can't budget with them. Definitely a trigger food. I really like cut up red or orange bell peppers with two tablespoons of light sour cream and some of that hidden valley ranch poweder mix. Less calories than normal dip but so good. That's been kind of my "crunch" fix from when I used to eat a lot of chips. Also, if you really have to have those chips or whatever it is you are craving, but a single bag of it, if possible. My work has a cafe and if I really am craving the salt & vingegar chips, I'll get an individual bag. Way better than having a huge bag of snacks in the house.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding does the trick for me! Can't even tell there isn't sugar :)

Yes!! The individual cups are only 60 calories :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You can usually find yogurt-covered pretzels in the produce/deli section. I'm not entirely sure if they're lower-calorie and/or lower-sugar than regular chocolate-covered pretzels, but it's worth a look. I find they taste a lot like white chocolate.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Lots of Walkers snacks are under 90 cal per bag - not sure if you can get them. Look for multi-packs of small bags you can hide away.

Try popping corn then add yeast extract - yummy!
  • nfkremer
    nfkremer Posts: 4
    Options
    sweet and salty chex.mix, sweet and salty nature valley granola bars, yoplaits whips in chocolate or light kettle corn. all under 200 calories
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have those white fudge dipped preztels that are 100 calories a bag. They are yummy!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    salted popcorn, boiled sweets, blitz a frozen banana and some frozen berries with some milk until it's like soft serve icecream, take low fat milk, two squares of the darkest chocolate you can find for hot chocolate - whisk them in a pan
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I get a small bag of pretzel M&Ms and just leave it on my desk or away from where I am. I grab 1 or 2 when I walk past or really need something, but I make sure the bag lasts for a few days. :smile:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Was I dreaming (or wishful thinking) that we need an extra few calories during that time? Or am I mixing it up with pregnancy?
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bag up single servings of your favorite treats ahead of time in ziplocks, that way you're less tempted to eat an entire bag of (insert craving here). Get your single serving out and snack IN A DIFFERENT ROOM than the snacks are stored to help fight the temptation to go back for seconds. Also, hydrate. Even slight dehydration can trigger the munchies.