What are you thoughts on this?

2»

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I think it all depends on how you react to having a treat. If you are satisfied with a small treat and it doesn't cause you to crave more, then go for it. I don't think there's a real need to deny yourself. However, if that small treat is a "trigger" that causes you to want more or to eat badly then stay away from it.

I've personally found that my triggers are sneaky. At first I had one sugar free pudding snack, or one cookie, or one small snack size candy bar and I was fine. But, as time went on, I would do it more often during the week, then every day and then more than once a day.

I've pretty much decided it's a trigger and I need to stay away from it.

Now for me that's a packaging issue. An open package calls to me. I have to buy my goodies individually wrapped. 8 ounces of chocolate as a bag of truffles?-no problem, each truffle is happy in his little foil wrapper. I can grab one of monday and maybe forget about them until Wednesday. 8 ounces of chocolate as a big hershey bar?- Will actually wake me in the dead of night, calling from the fridge. "Casper---- I'm waiting,,,, come and get me!!!".

Ya', it's a mild mental health issue. I'm a little crazy. Fortunately, we all are, so I'm not lonesome. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.