Lifting to burn calories

Options
2»

Replies

• laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    your muscles will only get to about the size of mine......So go head and lift weights!!!!! I can still fit in some clothes LOL

Just kidding...but high reps and short rest works wonders
    lol gee thanks
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    what do you mean what forms of lifting? i'm only familiar with one form : move a weight, put it down, move it again, repeat

What is this picking up of things and putting down of things you speak of? The moving of weights? I have never heard of such things. Explain this witchcraft, woman!

Completely off topic, but that little girl in your profile (Daughter?) is ADORABLE. Do NOT put her down, as I will pick her up and put her in my pocket.

somebody call the cops on these maniacs before talking about it just doesn't cut it anymore and they move on to ACTUALLY kidnapping ACTUAL children.

I'm only one maniac, don't paint everyone else with the same brush you paint me. :laugh:
  • Piakru
    Piakru Posts: 1
    Options
    It is not the liftning that burns calories it is the muscles you gain that burns calories in the long run.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It is not the liftning that burns calories it is the muscles you gain that burns calories in the long run.
    This is debateable. You do burn calories while lifting, although not as many as it feels you should be burning. Building muscle on average only adds ~50 cals to your TDEE I've read.