• miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!

Reading your replies made my week <3
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! you are a new you!!!!
    thanks for sharing and the motivation!
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I cannot wait until I see 115 again.
  • Nick_nukem
    Nick_nukem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im at a loss for words...epic transformation. you did an amaizing job girl. looking daaahm fine! :)
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new person! Great work, well done :flowerforyou:
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    Are your eyes blue or brown? In the photos the before pics they are blue and the after is brown... Did you get brown contacts?
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! So pretty!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an extremely gorgeous girl! You were beautiful heavy, but now people can really see your features! Most importantly, you're healthy now and have persevered through your illness. Good job!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Most people don't get to see what they look like at their goal weight, so you are lucky that you already have an idea. Your journey has really been inspiring, good luck in the future :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! well done
  • miss_grad
    Options
    Are your eyes blue or brown? In the photos the before pics they are blue and the after is brown... Did you get brown contacts?

Haha, yeah. I had blue contacts!

After a year of wearing them best friend (and now boyfriend) convinced me to trash them and embrace the color I was born with.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but... When I was heavier, I had such low self-confidence about my image. Everything from my hair, my eyes, my pale-skin... I went so far as to bleach my hair half blonde/half brown (was going for Christina Perri... looked like Cruella Deville), wore contacts, and tried fake-bake tanning garbage. And as for the weight? I wore big clothes to try to "hide" under.

Losing the weight, and seeing what I looked like towards my goal-weight, really helped me to embrace my "natural" look. Down to my dark hair, pale-skin, and dark eyes.

My boyfriend really helped me along my journey to see that as well... I was so stubborn about it.
  • miss_grad
    Options
    I just want to say thank you to everyone who posted! Some of you have sent some really heart-warming comments. Incredible support network here.

Most people don't get to see what they look like at their goal weight, so you are lucky that you already have an idea. Your journey has really been inspiring, good luck in the future :)

It's definitely motivating... And this time, it will be nice knowing I lost ALL of the weight with hard work. Can't wait to show before/after pictures from my 2nd round... But this time? I am training and want to get ripped. I think being so sick/weak really has just motivated me to become a beast. :P
  • annchocolate
    Options
    You are my new thinspo! Wanna share your secrets? ;_;
  • mjmcruz
    mjmcruz Posts: 26
    Options
    awesome! you look so younger! congrats! :D
  • miss_grad
    Options
    You are my new thinspo! Wanna share your secrets? ;_;

Trust me, I've regained some of the pudge ;) But... Happy to report I am gaining muscle and strength, too. Training 3-4x a week is paying off.

But for my first shot at losing the weight...

I had small goals. Real expectations. No crash-dieting.
    I adopted the Paleo-diet: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/
    Did about two rounds of the program "Insanity" before I started mountain climbing and jogging regularly.
    Drinking a gallon (yes, a GALLON of water) per day -- periodically throughout the day. Not in one sitting - you can die from water poisoning.
    I gave up soda, fast-food, bread, most grains... Made subtle changes SLOWLY at a time. Not all at once.

When I got ill and lost those 20lbs... It sucked. My skin got droopy from rapid weight-loss, I had no lean muscle mass, and was in a genuine starvation mode. Doctors resorted to a liquid diet (Boost) since my body rejected everything else.

Right now I am addicted to weight-lifting and will be starting X-Fit soon. I am still 30-35lbslbs heavier than goal-weight because I gained from being able to eat solids again. My appetite is also in crave-galore right now because my body missed eating. But it's exciting to see my body transforming and getting stronger with each session. The fat is being stubborn (as expected from a metabolic damage)... But am just seeing my body starting to sculpt in places like my back, arms, legs, thighs, butt, and shoulders... Weight-lifting has definitely been the most beneficial by far, and appears to burn more calories even after you stop weight-training than cardio alone according to my HRM.

I've also taking some natural supplements that some may not agree with me on... Such as the 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar/ 1 tsp cayenne pepper / 1 tablespoon of ginger / 8oz of water mix. It the most disgusting mix ever. But it helped me with food digestion after meals and has reported (but unproven) benefits. Most beneficial if you drink before meals. Like I said... Not proven. Do your own research on that one and check with your physician -- it may affect glucose levels and certain medications-- which is important for diabetics to be aware of.
  • miss_grad
    Options
    I also wanted to add... A regular regime of probiotics (the kind at natural food stores kept in the fridge -- the expensive kind) are great. Helps replenish and promote healthy bacteria since processed foods wreak chaos on your digestive system. Raw enzymes are also good, in my opinion.

I've also heard good things about the "Master Cleanse" -- wihch is not meant to be a sustainable diet, but a cleanse the toxin-build up to help rid your body of existing toxins so it can run more efficiently. You will lose weight from this cleanse, but be expected to gain it back. This is normal as you begin to fuel your body. I don't recommend working out during this phase.

Some people will call shenanigans on this stuff... But it's what worked for me the first time.

The best advice I can give is to commit yourself for some lifestyle changes and get involved. Do your own research and be proactive about this journey you embark on. Don't expect quick-fixes - because you're just setting yourself up to regain that weight back. It can be a vicious, self-destructive, and demoralizing cycle.

Get ready for frustration. For screw-ups and the unexpected. Be ready to push yourself hard and drop the excuses. Every positive change is an investment in yourself and future, in countless ways. You just have to get out of your own way and go for it.
  • mkahmad
    mkahmad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    looking GREAT!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Congratulations!! You do not even look like the same person. BEAUTIFUL!!! Also, I loved that you showed the time frame on your pictures. Helps everyone see there is no quick fix and it does not happen overnight. It's hard work and takes time. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!
  • miss_grad
    Options
    Congratulations!! You do not even look like the same person. BEAUTIFUL!!! Also, I loved that you showed the time frame on your pictures. Helps everyone see there is no quick fix and it does not happen overnight. It's hard work and takes time. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!

Yes, yes, yes,. I want to promote to everyone it doesn't happen overnight. It's a long journey. I'm human, and I screw up more often than I'd like to admit... Key? Never give up. Easier said than done when you are doing all the right things and the scale is at a halt or even goes backwards.

Can't tell you how many times I wanted to go hulk-smash on it ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!