How do you take your water? plain or flavored?

Options
I 'm not one for drinking alot of water, especially at work...as I run to the bathroom a bazillion times....but so far I am doing well....I use crystal light or mio to help, whats everyones view on those? Or should plain be best??? ....but on a side note, I only use 1/2 a packet of crystal light or a small squirt of mio, I dont like it super sweet..any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Replies

• dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Plain water is the best, but alittle artificial flavoring wont hurt you. I try to drink the majority of my water plain, but every now and then some flavor is a good treat
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Water is water, I don't count crystal light packets, koolaid packets, or any powder/liquid drink mix as "water". Plain is best, I never used to drink much water til I joined MFP, I found that adding lemon slices to my water helped me choke it down!
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I get flavored carbinated or seltzer water - zero everything, carbs, calories (check the label to be sure) and they taste good, the carbination helps for those soda drinkers and they ususally come in 33 oz. bottles for under a dollar at Foodlion & Wal-Mart. Try it out.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thanks! its funny though, on the weekends and at the gym I'll drink plain, maybe because I'm at work I need the flavor lol... I am going to try to cut back onthe flavored though
  • Kimberley_allyssia
    Options
    Au Naturale!! :D
  • Kimberley_allyssia
    Options
    Oh, and extra cold!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    is it true super cold water speeds your metabolism?
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Flavoured with no added sugar squash (don't know what it's called in the US). I cannot for the life of me chug down litres and litres of plain water, so I make a very weak solution of squash instead, just enough to take the edge off the taste of all the chemicals in the water (chlorine especially :sick: ) as even filtering it seems to make little difference to the revolting taste.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Cold, wet and plain.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I do both depending on my mood
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    plain tap water or filtered through my fridge and ice cold. can't drink Brita filtered water, i find it gets a weird metallic taste. anyone else experience this?
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a SodaStream and make plain very fizzy water which I love. I am not a fan of flavored water.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    only drink water plain unless you are using a workout formula like creatine or whey protein. it takes two bottles of water to replace what one can of soda uses to digest
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will add lemon if I'm at a restaurant but I prefer my water plain. Super cold if I'm working out, since cold water hydrates you and about room temp if I'm wanting it to help me feel full.:drinker:
  • camelothosting
    camelothosting Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I mix it up,
    Crystal light, carbonated flavored water, Mio during the normal course of the day but I do take in at least 100oz of plain water thanx to my hydration pack, they cost too much to gum up with anything but maybe a little lemon
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like it cold and filtered at work but at home i just can't drink the tap water so i add a very small amout of SF cordial. Or hot water with a slice of lime is lovely.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    plain ol' water. I am not a huge fan of the flavor packets you can add. I also don't drink my water super cold (hurts my stomach) so around room temperature is great for me!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love plain ice cold water! The colder the better for me. Sometimes I'll add some lemons into it but I'm good with just regular water.
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good ol' plain water and I prefer it too be cold to chill.
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I have 4 water bottles I like to reuse ( the plastic 16.9oz ones) it is the only way I can get all 8 cups D:.. I drink them all plain, but around dinner or lunch time I add crystal light to one of them :)