How do you take your water? plain or flavored?

Options

Replies

• vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    I gave up alcohol for 2012 so, I hate to say it, but plain water just feels too much like a penance. I drink 2 litres of carbonated water every day. I know I shouldn't, but I like it so much better than plain - and, as I'm missing out on the booze, I'm damned if I'm also missing out on nice water! I do feel awful about the environmental factor (all those plastic bottles) so I'm thinking of investing in a Soda Stream ...
  • maylene1853
    Options
    i do both plain when working out flavored at home... i love using splenda and a few squirts of lime to make my own limeaid!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It's all hydrating so I don't think it matters, any liquid is good (well maybe not alcohol) :happy:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Plain. Artificial sweeteners are bad for you and they give me migraines.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Plain all the way!
    If I have some tea or coffee....I don't count that as water intake.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Mostly plain at work. At restaurants I always add a lemon slice. I just purchased a soda water maker (carbonator) that is fantastic! Add a lime/lemon or a splash of mio/drink packet and it is extra refreshing and good. It's helping me kick my diet soda cravings :)

http://www.target.com/p/sodastream-fountain-jet-red-soda-maker-starter-kit/-/A-13940825?reco=Rec|pdp|13940825|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Flavoured with no added sugar squash (don't know what it's called in the US). I cannot for the life of me chug down litres and litres of plain water, so I make a very weak solution of squash instead, just enough to take the edge off the taste of all the chemicals in the water (chlorine especially :sick: ) as even filtering it seems to make little difference to the revolting taste.

Same :) very very weak no added sugar diluting juice for me, the water at my house doesn't taste particularly nice on its own!
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I drink plain water 1/2 gallon or more at the workout, but with my meals I used crystal light (rasberry green tea or pink lemonade) I ffeel it can't be any worse than drinking soda lol
  • owyn999
    owyn999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Natural. If you need something else for this to taste refreshing there is something wrong with your water or (more likely initially) your palate.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    PLAIN! But after I have drunk my 2liters..I will flavor my 3rd...
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink plain, room temperature, purified water. I can't do tap or spring. Has to be purified. :)
  • Bostoncoffee
    Bostoncoffee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mostly plain and ice cold, but when I need a change I squeeze in MIO.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I only drink it plain. The only flavoured water I do drink is tea.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Plain for me throughout the day. I get a little adventurous in the evenings, I add some crushed ice!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    wellI think the way to go is Plain...i am starting today with at least half my water plain and work it up to all of it!
  • Nanou1975
    Nanou1975 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do ice cold plain 95% of the time, the rest I do with a hint of lemon and chia seeds as a filler to ensure I don't feel hungry. Once in a blue moon I will add mio or something, but that's a rare thing for me.
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    I LOVE water so I don't have a problem drinking it. When I'm craving something sweet, I add Mio and it becomes a treat for me. Also, I put strawberries, lemons, or limes in my water overnight once in a while and it comes out DELISH. Poland Springs has great carbonated water if you wantt to/consider staying away from Mio or Crystal light. Nothin' wrong with them as long as it's in moderation!
  • 8smartypants8
    8smartypants8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    plain OR i make herbal or green or black tea from looseleaf tea. i don't like adding any chemicals or artificial anything into my body - at this point i hope there are plenty of toxins already flushing out. so i don't want to add more. but that's just my opinion :)
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink it plain. But at the gym they put a slice of lemon in, and I really like that - it gives it just a slight lemon flavour.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Soda stream is an awesome investment!!
    I gave up alcohol for 2012 so, I hate to say it, but plain water just feels too much like a penance. I drink 2 litres of carbonated water every day. I know I shouldn't, but I like it so much better than plain - and, as I'm missing out on the booze, I'm damned if I'm also missing out on nice water! I do feel awful about the environmental factor (all those plastic bottles) so I'm thinking of investing in a Soda Stream ...