Having a "I'm so hungry!" day

Options
124»

Replies

• janice399
    Options
    I'm having a hungry day and want to eat eat eat too. Still resisting but sitting at work is not helping distract me. With the lunch and breakfast that I have already eaten I should not be hungry. There are only 185 calories left for today. Probably will not make it be a
    within calorie limit day. This doesn't happen often thankfully. Sure wish I could figure out what causes it.

"Eat anything in my path" is how I feel too. You are so like me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok this thread made me laugh. I have those days a lot. And I just have to laugh when people say that it's lack of water and/or boredom/stress. Clearly the people who say that are 1) either men, 2) lucky women who don't suffer from crazy hormonal changes during their cycle.

I'm quite sure most of us can tell the difference between being so hungry that nothing satisfies you and just having cravings/being bored. And water, well, I have those days and I always drink all day, so it's definitely not it.

And I still haven't found a solution for those days unfortunately! I've tried curbing the hunger with pop corn, veggies, fruit, oatmeal and whatnot, and it just doesn't work. Heck last time it happened I even made my filling protein pancakes at lunch and it didn't make a dent in it.

Soup DID seem to work, but it was a last option and I can't say if it would have worked on its own, but something to keep in mind for next time.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've gotten plenty of protein in - but that takes a while to start "processing" (digesting).

I'd have some fiber and/or fruit (like a banana).
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!

I am starving a few days after I ovulate. I call them my grazing days.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and the day before, on my normal calories, I literally got dizzy and almost started crying like a little kid from hunger--which is not my style at all. (Yesterday I gave in and had pie...managed to keep it to healthier stuff the day before.)

Today I got my period and I'm feeling much better now. Still nibbly, but not like "Watch out, cat. If you sit still too long, I might just eat YOU."

Edited to add: this seems to be a perimenopause thing for me. I've always had cravings for stuff like salt and chocolate, but that's different from this crazy physical hunger.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm having one of those days where I am just really physically hungry and can't seem to satisfy it. I've been doing lots of yoga and strength training over the past few weeks so maybe it's increased muscle mass?

My question is: how do you handle these hungry days? What do you eat that seems to quiet the hunger beast?

I've had two yogurts, a hard boiled egg and 2 oz of lowfat cheese, all in the past two hours - but I'm still hungry! Lunch isn't until 2pm today so any and all tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    In my preventing diabetes classes through the YMCA, they said a good rule of thumb for curbing hunger is to pair a protein and a carb. I see lots of protein but not as many carbs (just the yogurt). I would go for a complex carb that burns longer...maybe a slice of bread, baked potato, serving of corn..something like that.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    a big salad with tuna or chicken on it

or a protein bar

or a nice banana dipped in PB

or maybe you are craving something specific? A square of high quality chocolate might do the trick?

I'm never hungry when I eat right.. over 200 grams of protein today (and everyday this week) and I'm so full by the end of the day I don't want my dessert (have to eat it though or my net is too low)

that's what fills me, high protein, good fiber and a lot of veggies.

:love:

My ticker is gonna move again by next week. I have no doubt! :)