Help me to not kill my mother

Options
corn63
corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
So I'm moving in with my boyfriend. Nbd you say. NAY SAY I. My mother is absolutely the scariest person I've ever met. Or been birthed from. She lives in Florida, about 20 hours away from me. I'm contemplated not telling her, but I'm scared that she'll have a dream about it or she'll get her spidey sense going and pray about it and God's going to give me away. (Yes, I'm dead serious.) So I guess I have to kil.... tell her.

So of those living in sin like I'm going to do shortly, how did you tell your parents? Hopefully they're as scary as my mother.

:drinker: <--- I just really wanted to put that in somewhere.

Replies

• Presleyforpresident
    Options
    20 hours away is enough time to tell her and then run for cover!
    i think you should tell your mother...just because if you don't you're going to worry yourself to pieces and not be able to enjoy your boyfriend or your new house. she's your mother and you should be able to have honesty with her, and i think it'll make you feel better about it, too.
    who knows, she may surprise you!
    and it's not a sin unless YOU believe it's a sin.
    good luck!!
    xx
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    SUGARMUFFINLOVERPANTS!! :)

Seriously, though... I know you're mother and I'm DYING to hear what she says :bigsmile: I'm selfish and can't wait for you to tell her *LOL*

Oh to be a fly on the wall!
  • corn63
    Options
    YOU'RE A SUPER AMAZING PERSON AND I WANT TO BE YOU!!!!! :)

Seriously, though... I know you're mother and I'm DYING to hear what she says :bigsmile: I'm selfish and can't wait for you to tell her *LOL*

Oh to be a fly on the wall!

I totally agree with your first comment.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    so you are saying you don't need these guys?

throw-momma-from-the-train-original-e1298478163557.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    We're both going to get banned for calling each other names... The mods don't know that's just how we love :) So I'll delete my name calling... or just change it to something vomit inducing.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 2 years and I haven't told my mother. I tried about a year and a 1/2 ago - and she flipped out. So I told her I was joking, because I don't need the stress.

Thankfully, she lives in the next state over, but she doesn't drive and we haven't gone to see her since Christmas 2010 :o

But one of these days I'm gonna just gonna take a picture of our wedding license, send it to her, and then ignore her til she grows up and stops acting like a RACIST idiot. I'm Caucasian, my husband is Hispanic and she speaks very disrespectfully about him because he's not white. It makes me sick. I don't tolerate that crap.

You don't have to tell her, but if you do - cut ties. 20 hours a way is crazy far. It's your life.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I will be moving in with my boyfriend at the beginning of the year. My mother was sad her baby was leaving again but agrees I should move in with him first. The 1st time around I did the whole waiting till marriage thing but it didn't last long.
  • corn63
    Options

You don't have to tell her, but if you do - cut ties. 20 hours a way is crazy far. It's your life.

I don't think I'll need to cut ties. But I think I'm going to hear over and over "I'm so disappointed in you" *ahgggg*
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    So I'm moving in with my boyfriend. Nbd you say. NAY SAY I. My mother is absolutely the scariest person I've ever met. Or been birthed from. She lives in Florida, about 20 hours away from me. I'm contemplated not telling her, but I'm scared that she'll have a dream about it or she'll get her spidey sense going and pray about it and God's going to give me away. (Yes, I'm dead serious.) So I guess I have to kil.... tell her.

So of those living in sin like I'm going to do shortly, how did you tell your parents? Hopefully they're as scary as my mother.

I obviously only know anything about the situation from what you just said so... I doubt you'd be able to change her mind or her views. Unfortunately. I'd suggest just telling her very calmly and not fight about it. Just be the "bigger person" in the situation and over time hopefully she'd accept your circumstance, if she didn't isn't that just her loss? You can only do so much to please another person, and the most important person to make happy is yourself.

:drinker:
  • fat2fitKara
    Options

I don't think I'll need to cut ties. But I think I'm going to hear over and over "I'm so disappointed in you" *ahgggg*

and you can simply say "I'm so disappinted and embarassed of you being so intolerant" maybe agree to disagree? Moms are the worst.. and the best! ahh friggen moms!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Is it because she doesn't believe in living together before marriage? That's a hard one....but really I think it's a lot smarter in many cases. At least you can see if things are going to work out. It doesn't mean you are less committed to each other than getting married. But I agree, you have to tell her if even for your own peace of mind. She may be hard to deal with but she's still your mother & she loves you; that would be a big lie to live with!
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    really easy. I don't talk to my mother. I'm much happier now.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

How old are you again?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my parents think im a virgin in Jackson Mississippi.
  • corn63
    Options

How old are you again?

Regrettably... a very respectable 28. With my own apartment, car, cell phone, insurance, retirement fund, health insurance, job and drinking habit.
  • photoshyY
    Options
    Your mom being precognitive will already know. It best if you just tell her. She may not like it, she may not approve, but what can she do about it? She will eventually come to terms with it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her just to piss her off, what's she gonna do anyway? I guess if you want to get creative, you can send her a bouquet of flowers with a card,

"Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm living in sin,
    Whoopdie-freakin'-doo! ♫
    Love ya B@#$%!"
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    If I had a prescient mother and I moved in with someone out of wedlock I'd ask her what next week's lottery numbers will be.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My mother can be a royal pain in my *kitten* in many aspects but fortunately she is open minded in this aspect, so I don't have an actual advice.

But to be perfectly honest with you if I were in your situation I wouldn't formally announce it to her but I wouldn't lie either. As in not calling her to tell her about it but if she found out or asked I wouldn't lie about it either.
  • photoshyY
    Options
    I'd tell her just to piss her off, what's she gonna do anyway? I guess if you want to get creative, you can send her a bouquet of flowers with a card,

"Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm living in sin,
    Whoopdie-freakin'-doo! ♫
    Love ya B@#$%!"

Wow! Not everyone is disrespectful. Someone may be a mature adult to make there own discussion, yet still value a parents opinion and approval.