This won't work....

Options

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have to agree if you don't have your mind set to change your lifestyle nothing will help. I have a cousin that has had 3 bariatric surgeries, she does real well for about 3 or 4 months losing a lot of weight...then she goes back to old habits eating all the foods that brought on the fat in the first place. It's not easy setting your mind to eat healthier and everything bad is cheaper price wise but not health wise. I'm enjoying my new lifestyle and look forward to the day I get into clothes sizes I haven't seen since high school.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I LOVE THIS! This was exactly what I needed to hear today, and I appreciate the pep talk!!!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    amen.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Best I've seen in a long time!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    True but I have to say a little harsh! I know its only the individual who can do it and yes may be they shouldn't rely upon others to motivate them. Its about making long term lifestyle changes but theres nothing wrong with supporting people!!!

There is nothing wrong with having outside motivation- my point was for people who merely rely on others to motivate them, instead of motivating themselves. Yes we all need cheerleaders to help push us on- but if you are solely working out because other people are pushing you to, and not for *yourself* then as soon as that support system goes away, you will fall off the wagon. Its like an alcoholic going to AA- if they don't think they have an issue, or are going because other people are telling them too- they won't stick to the program... only way is if THEY WANT to be there, and admit that they have an issue.

Does that clear things up? I am not trying to be harsh, I am just tired of people complaining that they can't lose weight because they can't get motivation from other people, or are upset when they don't lose 8 lbs in 2 days.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This journey is about you- so stop looking to others to motivate you, or to keep you going. It's not there job, its yours.

It is very true that the decision to drag my butt out of bed or off the couch is ultimately my own…some days harder than others…LOL, but also I believe there is a lot to said for having friends on the journey. It is a lot more fun to run with a group of people than to run by yourself. There is an energy from exercising with a group rather than alone. Knowing that I have friends striving for a similar goal on this journey helps me along mentally. So the next time I find myself on the couch watching to many reruns of Star Trek I know in the back of my mind that one of my friends are probably out cycling or running or doing strength training, etc. and that helps me fight the mental battle to get my butt off the couch and continue on the journey. It’s a whole lot more fun also.

Journey on...
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    this is just starting to annoy you now? you have been on here long enough to know that there are always going to be those people that want a quick fix.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me today something that I already knew but I needed someone to say it to sink in: It's hard first month or two. Then one day you realize you're hooked to exercise and it will become a part of you, you just have to want it.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options

DrOz.jpg

THIS.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gotta LOVE it!!! You are SO right.
    Thank you for such a great post

IF YOU ALWAYS DO...... WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID.... YOU ALWAYS GET... WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    this is just starting to annoy you now? you have been on here long enough to know that there are always going to be those people that want a quick fix.

Most of us hope for a quick fix but we are painfully aware that it takes time, blood, sweat and tears. I don't know about the others but until someone discovers 110% effective quick fix I'm sticking to T,B,S&T (we can dream, can't we :))
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

Most of us hope for a quick fix but we are painfully aware that it takes time, blood, sweat and tears. I don't know about the others but until someone discovers 110% effective quick fix I'm sticking to T,B,S&T (we can dream, can't we :))

my point was that those threads have always been on here and they always will be.
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing I had to do was step up and realize that my weight was MY problem. *I* got me here, only *I* can get me out of here. And when I don't lose anything, there is noone to blame but myself. Gaining the weight wasn't magic: it was over eating and under activity....only reversing the trend will help. Little steps, I've finally gotten my eating under control (instead of it having ME under control) and now I'm moving more, and I'm already seeing results. Thank you for saying what I've been thinking :)

This just made me get teary eyed!! Well said, very well said!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    here here...

what is cool... is that when you finally get hooked on the new lifestyle... the work - doesn't feel much like work anymore... the pain - is enjoyable... and the results - are AWESOME!

I figure... get rich quick... get poor quick. BUT if you take your time and build your wealth... you're far less likely to piss it away.

AWESOME POST OP!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ding Ding.

WINNER.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ THIS!!! LOVE IT!!!

21643952.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • isis2triple0
    Options
    This is so true!! It takes hard work and dedication to eat clean to achieve the body you want!! However it takes some people time, even years to realize that those quick fixes are just that quick and only temporary, I myself in the past have tried them I'd be lying if I said I didn't. It took years for me to truly understand that only training my body and mainly eating clean, was the only long term way to get the body I want and keep it. Have patience with these people, and the same way Jesus spread the Word of God we can also spread the word of clean eating and training!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This site is called MYFITNESSPAL, NOT MYDIETPAL. It's about being FIT, not cheating your way thin. Nothing in life worth having is easy.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I actually Love this post
  • isis2triple0
    Options
    The funniest thing is the way a person's face changes after seeing your results and asking you how you did it.

They go from an excited smile to almost a frown as if to say "oh you mean, you actually worked hard? Dang, I thought you were going to tell me some super-secret, magical, overnight trick" sad face.

LMAO!!!!!! lol lol you can say this one again and again and again!!!