• Jeshkah_Grace
    Options
    Just gonna throw it out there...
    There is a singles group on here !
    Have a look :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    OP i do see their point about it mattering...but I also see your point...

we don't have SO's to cheer us on, we're literally doing it by ourselves for ourselves...

it does feel different...i don't know that it IS but it feels that way sometimes.

I am single...and still moving along...

Thanks

Lauren
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Not at all. Just looking for same people in the same spot of life as me.

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_520433.jpg
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    REALLY? How many of you look for friends that are similar to you and your goals? Polo is awesome and I'm honored to be his friend on MFP. I'd post, but my story is not nearly as awesome as his and I'm married.
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't pertain to you DONT OPEN IT! gees people. I am just starting my success story but ohh ill get there. Yes sir! Polo571 you are awesome! You are amazing for the achievment you had!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I like that a bunch of married folk came in here. Me included. Lol. :drinker:
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    So many critics. You can't say or do anything here without be called out for discrimination...but then you can get away with 100's of stupid superficial threads....
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    <~~~ single and transformed! Yes, we do need to support each other as we don't have that built-in support system at home.
  • AmyG27
    AmyG27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <~~~ single and transformed! Yes, we do need to support each other as we don't have that built-in support system at home.

I agree with this completely.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Are single people weight losses/transformations different than married people?

Haven't you ever seen the threads here or on any other weight loss site where spouses are either the #1 motivation or prevention of successful weight loss? Some people lose weight with their spouse which can make it a lot easier. Other people have spouses who are discouraging and do things like suddenly fill the house with junk food, tell their SO not to lose "too much" weight or other crap. So yes, it is a little different for someone who doesn't have another person there constantly like that, not physically, but mentally.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I was single up to a couple months ago, but I lost...pretty much all my weight before meeting him.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am single and about halfway through my journey....

I have kids, but it is not the same as having a SO to lean on when things get frustrating or when I want to give up....I just thank goodness for my friends here!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 8 years (still married) split up a lot, 3 times since I started MFP, looking for new friends to chat with, if you want to be a new friend please feel free to add me,

41 - living in sisters spare room - almost at the end of my journey
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options

lulz

Hahaha I am laughing so hard at your profile pic hahahah!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I was going to say the same thing. Do non-single losses somehow differ? Does my having a husband (and child) make my 24lb loss insignificant? Huh, go figure.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
  • mc5daisies
    Options
    :happy: im single and need to be amazingly transformed.... :bigsmile:
  • LyndyV
    LyndyV Posts: 1
    Options
    I think your question for the thread was totally appropriate. If I were single I would post a very similar thread myself. Of course everyone has their own journey to travel but the question asked was very appropriate geniune and sincere.

Good luck to all!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I don't see how his request is any different than the "Non-Mom" threads out there... he is looking for people who are in the same cycle of life that he is, and that is single people.

AGREED!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!