i have TONS of cucumbers now.....ideas?

Options

Replies

• Veronadragon
    Options
    I had a great cucumber Thai salad once at a ...yes Thai restaurant. It was simple a bit spicy and sweet (I'm sure there can be substitutes for the sugar. You'd have to google Thai cucumber salad.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have the same dilemna. Thanks for posting & thanks to all who shared their recipes!
  • A2966
    A2966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Blend it with yogurt and a little lemon juice and use is as a facial. Good for your skin and no calories !
  • MissShancey
    Options
    i eat whole cucumbers with mustard ... #crazyiknow!
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Cucumber mint water!
    Slice up the cucumbers and throw in some mint leaves with water in the biggest jar you own and refrigerate! You'll have cold cucumber mint flavoured water to drink all day long!

^^^^^This...I made something like this today. I didn't have mint so I just used lemon and cucumber. I also heard you can put ginger root in it as well and or lemon.

Cucumber water is amazingly good and I can't stop drinking it.

i did this 2 days ago ... cucumber water really is AMAZING i dont know why .. its addicting
  • romare777
    romare777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, Hard boiled eggs, peas, scallion, light mayo, salt and pepper, dash of olive oil. Makes a super yummy salad.
    Make homemade tomato soup, stewed tomatos, use them cut up in homemade macaroni and cheese.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked through the comments - so I don't know if someone suggested this already.

You could make a pico de gallo or a ceviche with the tomatoes and cucumbers - so double whammy.

You dice up cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, a jalapeno, add some cilantro, garlic and lime juice - and boom, you have a good pico (you can make it like you like it so obviously no exact numbers).

If you add some shrimp to that - you have a ceviche. I like to eat that plain and can eat it for days, or add it like a salsa to salads or on actual mexican food, or with chips, etc.

But those are both an AWESOME use of cucumbers and tomatoes.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If you have a juicer you can make cucumber lemonade. It is fantastic. 6-8 cucs, 2-4 lemons, add a little water and sugar or other sweetener to taste.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lots of gazpacho. Yum!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    WOW! THANK YOU ALL, !! SUCH FABULOUS IDEAS!! I had no IDEA one could do so many recipes with CUCUMBERS!! ???

I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT!!
    I do believe, i will have a cucumber fest all week or two!! THANK YOU AGAIN, each and every post, loved them all!!

those cucumber shoes were hilarious btw! rofl!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i just eat them with s&p or throw them in vinegar/italian dressing. to borrow a word from chopped - make a quickle (quick pickle)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My partner makes Cucumber Stew. Sounds disgusting,bput it is actually beautiful. Try that.
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Spicy cold cucumber soup

de-seed cucumber
    cut cucumber into little bigger than matchstick size
    crush 1 garlic (2 if you really like garlic)
    sesame oil, just enough to coat lightly
    sesame seeds
    crushed red peppers - use a good hefty tablespoon
    rice vinegar - couple tablespoons
    mix well, let it hang for a few minutes - if you really need sugar, add a little at this point

add water, mix well - I eat with a little rice

This looks delish!

I love the neutral and cooling flavor of cucumber and my coop I'm buying the bumper crop that's come in.

I'd read that you're not supposed to eat melon with other stuff, BUT, I make this smoothie anyway and have not had digestive upset.

In a blender:
    1 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
    2 cups honeydew melon, or more to taste
    a few sprigs of fresh mint
    1 cup coconut water
    ice cubes
    Blend! Delish!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Make a cucumber and Havarti salad!
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Something else. You can use the seeded part of the cucumber (if you slice into 4's lengthwise and run a knife through the middle) as part of your salad dressing before chopping the rest of the cucumber into your salad.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Or

Gin, Tonic, Ice, big tall glass, big slice of cucumber. BE- UTE - A - FUL
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipies
  • krunkulism
    Options
    preserve them or get some mason jars and pickle for some of the MOST AWESOME PICKLES ON THE PLANET!!!!!!! everyone really should know a bit about canning these days anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cj9jNc9nKo&feature=related
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    ooohhh - gazpacho - yummy!! Try this one with shrimps - loooove it!

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/18/gazpacho-with-shrimps/
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    i like to put some thick slices into a pitcher of water. very refreshing.